Grumman F-14A Tomcat; VF-41 Black Aces (FineMolds 1:72)

Before reading the heading in full, just looking at the photos, I speculated whether your model is 1:48th or 1:32nd.

1:72nd?? That's crazy. She looks like the work of a master watchmaker with miniature gouache painting as a hobby…

Huge respect!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alan P said:

That's a superb Tomcat. Looks like the Fine Molds could be the new standard in that scale. Excellent modelling.

Alan

It absolutely is right now, but I think that there may be some things that the GWH will do better when released.

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 1

Thank you, guys!

23 hours ago, Hoops said:

It absolutely is right now, but I think that there may be some things that the GWH will do better when released.

Cheers,

Hoops

We'll see. Looking forward to GWH kit as well. If there's a single fault with Finemolds kit, it's probably trying to build it with closed panels - I have a feeling the fit isn't as stellar as the rest of the model. On the other hand, GWH will have deployed flaps, slats and spoilers and I wonder, how those will fit in the closed position... Time will tell, but I have great hopes for it.

23 hours ago, Julien said:

Very nice.

However please read the rules about links to blogs, other sites etc;

Thank you, Julien. I do apologize for this slip, by not removing the link. As this is my only "guilt" as I do not sell my models or use my site for any kind of profit gaining. Will try to be more careful next time and just make a small banner according to forum rules instead.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 12:59 PM, neil5208 said:

Very nice, how did you find the fine moulds kit to build?

excellent fit if making it open like I did. Not sure about the fit of the panels if closed down.

7 minutes ago, InFlames said:

Thank you, Julien. I do apologize for this slip, by not removing the link. As this is my only "guilt" as I do not sell my models or use my site for any kind of profit gaining. Will try to be more careful next time and just make a small banner according to forum rules instead.

That's appreciated, thanks :yes:

Awesome!

I've admired and coveted the Fine Molds kit for awhile now.

To be honest (seeing your exemplary work) I doubt I'm worthy of it.

A super-impressive F-14 in any scale, let alone 1/72!!
:clap:

• Like 1