Jagdtiger 1/35 Tamiya

RT Nevada

Thanks everyone for the kind words! This group build has been fun and it’s awesome to see such great work being done in here. Whenever I feel a little lull in creativity or ideas coming on I just browse thru everyone’s builds. It really keeps me inspired and enthusiastic about my build even during the tedious parts like tracks haha. I did take a day or two break this week to work on a panzer iv I set aside a month or so before this build. I had to step away from building tracks and do something more interesting. But I completed my tracks this week, primed, painted, and a little rust wash over the top. I’ve burnished two sets of metal tracks before with AK’s burnishing liquid and I really loved the result, but I figured I’d try painting this time. I saw someone use Vallejo steel as their track color ( I think it was @BIG X??) and I really liked how they came out, so that’s the color I used as well. I’ve pretty much got this build kicked in the rear and am hoping to have it finished by this weekend. Just need to paint up the spare tracks, weather the wheels and tracks a little more, then add a bit of foliage as the jagdtiger I’m trying to represent had practically a small forest on it. Perfect to hide all my mistakes 😜. But anyways, enough rambling, here’s some updated pictures!

DF6D4DF2-719C-41EB-BDBA-80D9F5F7C592

B85D2E31-FA85-437E-BEB5-33C7989B6A2A

211B2579-F14D-497A-818B-0C7549722C1C

BEFC0FB0-1E69-4105-94C4-B8E428D1A620

DEEAEB8E-8820-4EA4-994A-9C1D9FFF481E

Oh, I also kept breaking the aerials off, so they’re going to stay off until it’s completely done so I don’t destroy them anymore than what they already are haha

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Hewy said:

Rt I like how you've blended it in, your dot filter has worked a treat, your tracks look great, mine are a bit of a come down from those beautys 

Thank you very much! The dot filter came out much better than I anticipated it would but still a novice attempt haha. And painting tracks is probably one of the most stressful parts of the build to me. It’s hard to exactly replicate what they look like in person. I work construction so I try to eyeball what our companies excavator tracks look like and draw inspiration from those a bit.

• Like 2

Top job RT, your JT looks very impressive. That’s what I like about group building, there are a lot of good tips out there and all relevant. Apart from a few hull variations, we are all building Tigers of some description.

• Thanks 1

Excellent work RT.

I second what everyone else has said, but I am going to pick out the fact that you've left the area under the missing side skirts un-camouflaged - a great little detail. I'm looking forward to seeing your KT with foliage draped over it. I hope you choose something suitable for the scale. Do you plan on a diorama?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Excellent work RT.

I second what everyone else has said, but I am going to pick out the fact that you've left the area under the missing side skirts un-camouflaged - a great little detail. I'm looking forward to seeing your KT with foliage draped over it. I hope you choose something suitable for the scale. Do you plan on a diorama?

Rearguards,

Badder

I have some woodland scenics foliage I’m going to use. It looks pretty decent and in scale. It’s a bit “bushier” and thicker than I’d like so I’m going to try and thin it out a bit and then add some different tones of green and brown to hopefully give it a good appearance. I’m very interested in creating some sort of diorama base but I’ve never created one before and am really not too sure where to start haha. I need to pop into the diorama section of this site and get a few pointers!

• Like 1

Alrighty, I’m calling this one done! I had a blast participating in this group build. The tiger series of tanks are some of, if not my favorite tanks. The jagdtiger is a giant and it was a big build, but I enjoyed The whole process of it. I chose to represent a vehicle of the 512th s.Pz.Jg.Abt. Specifically vehicle X1 belonging to Hauptmann Albert Ernst. Thanks for looking and please excuse the poor photography skills!

F0AC2D63-46B5-4BB1-BFD0-D2B82F5C000F

FC4DC559-19DD-4679-A5BB-E39AA1713947

79A81B7F-F847-4955-8114-6137CAFF2D17

7A89A8CB-01C5-4704-9B10-583DCE1E44FC

5A5F6993-D7AB-44DA-A1C1-25EFF93DABB8

616A3131-E36F-43D3-8A8F-F66874969068

• Like 6

Really a very nicley finished model rt, tracks have come out really well as have the exhausts, the Hull paintwork blends together very realistically, I hope I can  get mine to turn out as good this, great job

Glynn 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic finish RT, the foliage looks well placed and brings it all to life. 

Thanks for your participation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 28/05/2019 at 17:57, RT Nevada said:

Base coat of dunkelgelb on! I ended up using tamiya xf60 lightened with xf2 10:1 ratio. I think I’m pretty happy with the results. I’m probably going to go with tamiya xf64 red brown and xf67 nato green for the camouflage, but that’s to be determined still haha. Well here she is so far

0DC26C41-A258-4F35-9EB4-7CB238F85A85

FA4F01A8-7E49-49B4-800A-569508CBE32A

excuse me, how many drops would be of each color? of xf 60 xf2 (10: 1). I'm new