T26E4 Super Pershing Pilot #1 - HobbyBoss 1/35

Excellent job, Stix! Very impressed with your brush painting skills. Also, the extra effort you took to build out the engine, open the back deck and tool boxes, AND do the individual link tracks!!  I just finished the same kit, but used the rubber tracks and did not build the engine.  Pretty nice kit from HobbyBoss.

Thanks very much for sharing!

On 14/05/2019 at 06:08, Badder said:

Exceptional work as always, Stix.

I'm going to pick out your mud-work as being really exceptional. There's a lot of it, but it's done so well it doesn't overpower the model, or look false in any way.  Loving the placing of the damp and dry mud. The tracks look great, again enhanced by the mud. It's all very realistic.

Great to see the engine covers opened up (and the toolbox) and the choice of figures was a good one. Lovely vignette.

Congrats on another beauty.

Rearguards

Badder

Hi Badder. As always you are very kind. Thank you. I was pleased this kit came with the engine and the option to have it on display as I'd never done a AFV with one before (which reminds me - I did take photos of the engine in progress and could have included a couple of photos in the first post - when Flickr is working properly again I will get some posted.)

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 14/05/2019 at 14:15, Bullbasket said:

Nicely done as always Stix. The weathering and the tools look really good.

John.

Hi John and thank you for your comments. I was quite please with the Italeri tools - I think they added a bit to having the stowage unit open.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

A great job as always !, the whole set is very well finished. The vehicle is very curious, with that long tube as a cannon, and those two cylinders in the upper part of the Turret, which look like two tubes of anti-tank missiles? ...
All a champion. :goodjob:

Cheers Stix 👍

On 14/05/2019 at 14:20, Panther II said:

Wow! Amazing! You've done a great job!:clap:

Hi Panther II. Thank you very much for your kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 15/05/2019 at 00:26, Carius said:

Excellent build and finish Stix. I love it.

Cheers

Hi Carius and thank you very much for your comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 15/05/2019 at 17:48, Londo said:

Brush painting you say :worthy: Amazing build. Those figures are fantastic!

Hi Londo. Thank you for your comments. You are too kind. Yes brush painting. I don't own an airbrush - haven't got anywhere I could use on if I did have one! It's taken a lot of practice to be able to paint the way I do but it still goes wrong on occasions - like if the paint manuafcturer changes the consistency of the paint - which seems to happen more regualrly these days.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 15/05/2019 at 20:31, Getting Old said:

Very nice indeed, excellent detailing, well done Sir :like:

Hi Getting Old. Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 16/05/2019 at 18:49, Buzby061 said:

Great job on the build, painting and weathering. It’s not what you’d call a looker. 

Pete

Hi Pete and thank you very much for your kind comments. And I totally agree - it wasn't given the most attractive set of upgrades!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2019 at 20:26, stevej60 said:

More quality work on show Stix,you're definitely up there with the best in the modelling community! The paint and weathering on these armour build's is inspirational.

Hi Steve. Thank you very much for your way too kind comments!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2019 at 22:16, Clogged said:

HaHa, its a coincidence I happen to have jus bought a new book called Spearhead by Adam Makos.  Its about an American sherman tank gunner in WW2.  And there is a very interesting section set in February 1945.  The gunner Clarence and his crew are given the honour of demonstrating the T26E3 Pershing tank in front of general  Rose of the 3rd Armoured Div!  There is a very good description of how it felt when the gunner fired the 24 pound shell! 'No one had warned the crew - if they even knew - that when the gun breech kicked out a spent shell, it also belched a flammimg orb of propellant gases that would travel up through the commander's hatch  as it exited the tank.  The fireball had whisked Early's face and singed his eyebrows.

Fascinating stuff! Thank you very much for sharing. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 18/05/2019 at 08:05, 4509davidb said:

Fantastic - is that field applied extra armour or did it come like that?

Thank you! There seems to be some contradicting information over the armour depending where you read it. I think a bit of both. I can't say for sure. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 11:24, KAYELL said:

Subject matter, construction, weathering and image quality are outstanding.

Enough said

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith and thank you very much for your comments. You are most kind.

Kind regards,

Stix