1/72 Revell King Tigers - Abandoned

BIG X

Hope you're back from Brighton OK and have the glimmerings of a fix to your track travails. A GB without your input and build log just isn't the same.

Andy

• Thanks 1

• BIG X changed the title to BIG X - Three wee Kings +++BINNED+++

Well after nearly a year sat in a box on the shelf - I decided to bin these this morning - as part of a 'tidy up'.  I'm having another rummage now & other stuff may well be going to the bin men.  I'm just not able to finish anything these days - so I'm just going to continue to cheer other folk on from the side lines for now.

Steve

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

Well after nearly a year sat in a box on the shelf - I decided to bin these this morning - as part of a 'tidy up'.  I'm having another rummage now & other stuff may well be going to the bin men.  I'm just not able to finish anything these days - so I'm just going to continue to cheer other folk on from the side lines for now.

Steve

Hi Mate

Hope you are ok - if it helps I have about 50ish part started / finished models in some storage boxes. I go back to them now and again and finish the odd one - have cleared 3 this week which is a record. Some have been in there for over 10 years!

If it's not too late please don't bin them. If you really dont want them I'll happily give you something for them as have a couple of resin hulls and turrets (with zimmerit) that need donor parts. Have never gotten round to buying the revell kits for them though.

Take care

Ben 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BIG X said:

Steve

Hey Steve, Hope you and family (and everyone else for that matter!) are OK in these strangest of times.

I’ve currently got 5 builds stalled at the mo. Keep the faith brother!

Ian

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, badger said:

Hi Mate

Hope you are ok - if it helps I have about 50ish part started / finished models in some storage boxes. I go back to them now and again and finish the odd one - have cleared 3 this week which is a record. Some have been in there for over 10 years!

If it's not too late please don't bin them. If you really dont want them I'll happily give you something for them as have a couple of resin hulls and turrets (with zimmerit) that need donor parts. Have never gotten round to buying the revell kits for them though.

Take care

Ben 

Sorry Mate - that was so thoughtless of me - the boxes and instructions are well & truly gone to the paper recycler in the sky - I still have the decals & these 2 sets of sprues - rescued just now from the bin in the office.

IMG-7063.jpg

...if they are of any use to you.  Sadly all the wheels / tracks / torsion bars were put together very badly & this is all that remains - 1 bad effort...

IMG-7064.jpg

I can't find the others...

If any of this is of use I will gladly post these on to you when it's safe to do so.

Sorry again for not thinking straight Ben - it was bad of me.

Steve

• Sad 2

Steve, Step away from the bin! Put stuff in a box in the attic or wherever. One day you'll come back to the desk.

In the meantime, as a scratchbuilder who uses this sort of stuff all the time, I had to go and have a lie down at the thought of the bin!

I'm still hoping you'll get back to the Kubel soon.

Cheers and get well soon :laugh: Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve

PM inbound - very kind of you and that lot will be great.

In the same spirit @Pete in Lincs I have a huge box of spares (mostly 1/72) but some 1/35. A lot of it I'll never use so happy to send your way once this is all over and we can get out and about again.

Stay safe all and thanks again Steve.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

@badger Wow!  Best offer I've had all day. Seriously, most kind of you. All parts welcome, no matter the scale. I often surprise myself by what I use. Thank you.

Not a problem - I'll sort through the spares as some I know I want to keep but there's a lot that you are welcome to.

Be interesting to see what you make of it.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

@badger Wow!  Best offer I've had all day. Seriously, most kind of you. All parts welcome, no matter the scale. I often surprise myself by what I use. Thank you.

In the same vein @Pete in Lincs - if you PM me your address I have a bag load of bits I can get to you at some point soon.

• Like 1

Well I took the opportunity of a rainy day down here to dig out the spares - have already had to change the postal box twice for bigger ones :cwl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I managed to clear out a huge amount of spares and scrap kits so pretty pleased with that and should restock your spares nicely.

If you can drop me a PM with your details Pete I'll get it off to you once it's safe to do so.

Also managed to find some bits I promised another BM member 6 months ago and then couldn't find so they've been parcelled up ready to post when I can.

• Like 1

• BIG X changed the title to 1/72 Revell King Tigers - Abandoned