Sturmmörser - completed

• 2 weeks later...

woooh I hadn’t realized the end of this GB was so soon (plus the Shark’s Mouth soon after!!), I really had better pull my finger out if I want to complete them in time.

Ok what’s happened since last update……besides a very messy workbench covered in pigment dust! :doh:

The tracks are finally done and actually fitted, again I had fun playing with different stuff to try and get the look I wanted. It’s only the second track I’ve ever done and I’m pretty happy with the look, especially when they’re fitted. Where the road wheels run is pretty much straight metal as the road wheel are solid metal ones on her, I tried the same effect on the wheels themselves.

IMG_3267-L.jpg

Ok a lot happened before the photos below, the biggest change for the better was the Flat finish, she looks so much better for it, and not so like a model anymore.

I did do a wash over her before that but it really didn’t stand out that much, the pigments worked much better though.

I also played around with rust stains and runs, haven’t tried this before, I started to get the hang of it toward the end last night. Will play around with the effect more and will see if I can refine it further.

The dirt and mud, the fun stuff, I tried not to get toooooo carried away with that, but it is so much fun to do. In the photos below the mud and stuff needs to be knocked back a bit, first task for today.

Ok photo time, again she looks a bit different now than in these photos…….

IMG_3273-L.jpg

IMG_3272-L.jpg

IMG_3271-L.jpg

IMG_3269-L.jpg

I really wasn’t too sure how much soot(?) would be present after they fired off these rounds, figured there must be some as it sure is very impressive in the videos!!!  It’s too has been knocked back since these photos, again a wee bit more refinement is required here. It's basically the initial covering, I've already knocked it back quite a bit. Plus there is now a shell in the spout as well......she's "locked n loaded"!! :D

IMG_3268-L.jpg

IMG_3270-L.jpg

I’m pretty happy with her, the new guards look great, much nice than the old stock ones. Lots of bit still need to be fitted, or re-fitted in those I’ve knocked off!   I would have loved to have a done a base for her, but I just don’t unfortunately have the time, plus it’s something else I’ve never tried, maybe I’ll do one later on.

I’m hoping to get her done after today or maybe tomorrow finger crossed, so this will be the last update.

• Like 4

thanks, she's looking much better now that I've knocked back some of the weathering. Just all those fiddly bit to do which seem to take forever.

Still sort of on track to finish her today?

• Like 2

ok......lets try today! :D

….and she’s done! It took a wee bit longer than planned, those final bit’s a PE were a nightmare!! It took me close to ½ hour to do each of the wee clamps for the spade and stuff……..I really hate the stuff. That plus I kept knock off or breaking bits as she weighs a ton with those tracks.

But she’s done my second completed tank……now only have 8 or so to complete!:doh:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, I did have fun building her, will try to post different photos in the gallery as well as the RFI sections.

IMG_3274-XL.jpg

IMG_3276-XL.jpg

IMG_3277-XL.jpg

IMG_3280-XL.jpg

IMG_3282-XL.jpg

IMG_3284-XL.jpg

....and one in the spout already too go!!!

IMG_3286-XL.jpg

IMG_3289-XL.jpg

IMG_3299-XL.jpg

...and they're big mothers!!! The dude came with my King Tiger which I built over 40 years ago!

• Like 6

'T'is a beauty Rich, a definite contender for the trophy.  That camo really is top notch. Love the grimy look. Always a shame when the interior has to be covered up though.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

thanks guys' it was a lot of fun to build even if the painting bit wasn't the easiest. The best fun was throwing the t "mud" around.....though I'm still trying to clean up the work bench!

Can't wait for the next one.

• Like 2