Boat builders wanted for Frog Group Build

I have been reckless enough to organise a group build for Frog kits and their derivatives i.e. Novo, Eastern Express etc here on BM.

If anyone has one of their Maritime kits (Shell Welder, Trinity Light Vessel, warships etc) and fancies building it, they would be very welcome to join us, see link below

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Built a lot of them about 40 years ago but have none in the stash and haven't even seen any for sale in the past couple of years.  Plus I'm still trying to finish BULOLO that I started in the Pacific GB last September!  Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have a couple of destroyers, from Poland I think, that I suspect were originally Frog moulds. My record in group builds is not good, but please include them as my entry. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2019 at 09:03, Chewbacca said:

Built a lot of them about 40 years ago but have none in the stash and haven't even seen any for sale in the past couple of years.  Plus I'm still trying to finish BULOLO that I started in the Pacific GB last September!  Sorry.

Hi Chewbacca

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us, but delighted to hear you are going to finish the BULOLO, when it comes to not finishing a Group Build I can compete with anyone !

cheers Pat

On 18/05/2019 at 09:33, Atom.uk said:

I have a couple of destroyers, from Poland I think, that I suspect were originally Frog moulds. My record in group builds is not good, but please include them as my entry. Thank you. 

Hi Atom.uk

Great that you will be joining us, I shall add you to the list.

Please feel free to post a picture of the kits either here or in the Frog GB, do you know which destroyers they are ? 

Cheers Pat

• 5 weeks later...

Well I have a Lightship, a Lifeboat, HMS Tiger and a couple of Trawlers, that I will kitbash into the Ross Revenge.

Only the latter has any chance of progress this year, as it will be a museum build, and I would like to take it to Telford, so slim chance as I have other stuff in the pipeline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 23:29, bentwaters81tfw said:

Well I have a Lightship, a Lifeboat, HMS Tiger and a couple of Trawlers, that I will kitbash into the Ross Revenge.

Only the latter has any chance of progress this year, as it will be a museum build, and I would like to take it to Telford, so slim chance as I have other stuff in the pipeline.

That's a brilliant collection, if anything changes and you do get a chance to join the Frog GB you will be very welcome as it's all aircraft so far, without a boat of any description in sight !

Cheers Pat