Revell B727-100 gear door instruction help

Hell all, if anyones built the Revell B727-100 I need some help as I'm stuck on the instructions (the new style colour one)

Where do the wheel doors, parts 30 and 31, go as it looks like its telling me to put it at the end of the wheel well, it fits in but it covers the two holes where the wheel gear goes, so how does that work? This is on instruction number 13a. Are you otherwise supposed to glue it to the wheel gears but then it doesnt show that at all. I'm just wondering how you are supposed to put part 30 and 31 in and get the wheel gear arms in the two parrallel holes which are covered by the wheel doors...

if none of that made any sense at all, I'll try and put some pics on Flickr when I can

any help appreciated!

James

James,

Rather than gluing the piece flat you add glue to the outboard edge and position it in the open position. The instructions are a bit misleading the way they have labelled part 31 in step 13. Te line should be going to the door to the right of the gear strut, not the closed door on the other side.

See the correct position in the image below

14d39a5ee476e78a3cc86a96c4227488.image.9

• Like 1

Ahh gear strut that's the word I was looking for 😏

I see so looking at the photo, part 30 and 31 actually go right next to that flap track fairing? Not in the wheel well where the gear strut goes. I was wondering where the outboard flat edge was glued to.

Thank you for the help, if I get a moment I'll post a picture to confirm if I have it right.

Thank you very much!

James.

• Like 1

I,ve just got myself one of these. The above will help when I get to that stage. In the meantime some rescribing and lots of sanding off of those rivets and panel lines.   I was told its not a bad kit accuracy wise compared to the Airfix one. Is that the case??

I think it is the best 1/144 727-100.  Yes, I sanded all the rivets but did not bother to re-scribe.  To me, the wheels are too big in diameter, but I do not think there is a workaround for that.  On mine, I shortened the landing gear a mm or two.  Left alone, the Revell 727 looks like it is standing on stilts.  I really like the kit with these quick alterations.  

2 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

I think it is the best 1/144 727-100.  Yes, I sanded all the rivets but did not bother to re-scribe.  To me, the wheels are too big in diameter, but I do not think there is a workaround for that.  On mine, I shortened the landing gear a mm or two.  Left alone, the Revell 727 looks like it is standing on stilts.  I really like the kit with these quick alterations.  

Cheers for that .I too think the wheels are oversized. I'll delve in to my wheels box and see what I have suitable.

4 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

To me, the wheels are too big in diameter, but I do not think there is a workaround for that.

Brengun make a set of replacement 727 wheels. They are available from Hannants 

• Like 1