Lightning white spine paint?

Redstaff

Evening good and knowledgeable people

Quick question, on the lightnings when they went abroad for detachments in hot countries, the spine covers over the Avpin tanks etc were painted white for heat dissipation.

Was this white Matt or gloss as I'm currently doing a T5 with a white spine and can't make it out

Many thanks

Ian 

Until one of our Lightning experts logs in, I would think gloss for  maximum reflectivity. I agree it's hard to tell matte from gloss when looking at  Lightning photos!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike

It's in gloss at the minute ready for decals, but like you say, looking at the pics its hard to tell 🤔

Ian :) 

we didn't bother doing this in 82/83 when both operational Sqn (5&11) went out to Cyprus but im guessing it would be eggshell or semi gloss like the camo/grey schemes were. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tweeky said:

we didn't bother doing this in 82/83 when both operational Sqn (5&11) went out to Cyprus but im guessing it would be eggshell or semi gloss like the camo/grey schemes were. 

Thanks, the one I'm doing is  T5 XS459 in NMF in 56 squadron colours, but semi seems logical and fits in with some of the pics :) 

Ian