1/72 'TIGER' I Ausf.E

nimrod54

18 hours ago, BIG X said:

but then I remembered the mantra of all model makers...

CALMTANK.png

Thanks Steve, that reality check was just what I needed to put things in perspective. And so with those words ringing in my ears, over the past 24hrs I have gone from this since I set things aside...

48128261587_d12fd503c1_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

… to this.

48536076352_4117a68c6d_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48535925436_8d1813569f_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48536075882_566a3664d9_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I have to add the side skirts, exhausts and ancillary items like spare track links, cables etc., which I was going to leave off until the end, but I am not sure if those items would be fitted before or after the base painting and camouflage is applied. 

There is a building ban in force today, due to a little thing called a wedding anniversary getting in the way. Thirty-seven years :doh:THIRTY-SEVEN, and to make matters worse Mrs N retired from teaching this summer as well, so now I have to talk to her during the day too. :lol: 

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Excellent progress John - glad you heeded the sage advice of Madame X - she brings me back to earth with a bang on a regular basis.

I would get a bit of blutak under the skirts and get on with the painting - especially if it is a multi colour camo colour.  You can whip her skirt off later for any tricky stuff and glue them on at the end.  The other stuff I would leave off until the camo is attended to - then pop them on for any weathering / varnishing etc...

BRAVO THAT MAN!!!

Steve

• Like 3

I took Steve's advice and tacked on the skirts, exhaust shrouds and turret hatch using some Formula 560 canopy glue, then brushed on some thin coats of Revell Aquacolor Sand.

48552267492_3c9cac534d_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48552268187_cd5fc6df7c_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I hope to have a look at making a start on the camouflage colours later.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BIG X said:

WOO-HOO very neat John - looks like you'll make it over the line after all.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I have just finished adding the red-brown to the turret, but I still feel that it would have been a close run thing. However, Mrs N has dragged out the painting equipment because the conservatory needs painting apparently (looks OK to me :shrug:), fortunately it is just one wall but it will take the rest of the afternoon, so that definitely stops the fun now. I will finish it over the next couple of days though.

• Like 3

Paint the wall in a Tri Colour Camo scheme - then blame me - BIG X made me do it :lol:

I'll still look forward to seeing the finished results soon - cheers Steve

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Thanks Steve, I have just finished adding the red-brown to the turret, but I still feel that it would have been a close run thing. However, Mrs N has dragged out the painting equipment because the conservatory needs painting apparently (looks OK to me :shrug:), fortunately it is just one wall but it will take the rest of the afternoon, so that definitely stops the fun now. I will finish it over the next couple of days though.

Thwarted by a wall, look forward to seeing her in the next few days. Thanks for taking part in the GB John.

• Like 1

Hi John. Sorry you’re not going to get chance to finish it in time but I’m looking forward to seeing it completed at some point soon.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks again for the comments and support chaps. I was able to complete the camouflage painting last night. There are a couple of areas which require some retouching, but I am pleased with how it has turned out. I hope to get a bit more work done later, permanently fixing those parts currently tacked in place,  then painting the tools and equipment. 

48575975527_06bf2ca895_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48575976432_9ccd352573_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48575825671_3b2c56ff08_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 5

The decorating job is finished and so I have made some more progress on this build. Over the past two days I completed the detail painting, followed by a couple of clear gloss coats and then the decals which have been sealed in with a further coat of clear gloss in readiness for some washes.

48630287501_757e38a74f_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48630287706_730d59ffd9_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48630288146_5a34700ca2_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 5

On 30/08/2019 at 14:45, PlaStix said:

That's progressing beautifully John. Glad to see you are carrying on with it! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix. It is taking me a bit longer than I anticipated to finish it off, but I've added an overall wash of Citadel's Agrax Earthshade and used Nuln Oil around the engine compartments to grubby that area up a bit more. I think that I may have been a little heavy handed with the application of those because it looks rather dark in places, so I need to try and correct that.

48672060442_c90577e761_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

48671546233_63d2f11123_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

On 02/09/2019 at 19:21, Hockeyboy76 said:

Nice work on the tanky thing. 

Belated Happy 37th Anniversary, I hope the enforced ban was “bearable”:frantic:

Cheers matey and thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a nice meal out at a local restaurant where they serve Mrs Chadwick's Black Pudding on a bed of salad, bacon, Lancashire cheese and diced apple. Whilst it's not to everyone's liking it's one of my favourites. 🤤

• Like 3