Anil's Workbench #3: 1/72 Academy Bf109G-6 In Progress

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Well, I like the intro but after the Woohoo! bit, I lost interest. Thankfully the voices in my head are singing Gospel this evening. Stirring stuff!

Baby jeebus wants you to glue more greeblie bits to yo' sci-fi thingy, praise be and pass the Extra Thin, Yaaas!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

" Did you get rid of all the voices in your head?
  Do you now miss them and the things that they said? "

Chris

I'm pretty sure you're a voice in my head,

"No mother, its no one, I'm  not talking to anyone, NOOOO MOTHER!"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

" Did you get rid of all the voices in your head?
  Do you now miss them and the things that they said? "

Chris

Enough with typing ''n  sipping rum and coke, make with the Airfix Hurricane and stop playing with yer shiny new F150...we know where you live*...😈

* And its brass monkeys so we're not goin' there neither...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, azureglo said:

Enough with typing ''n  sipping rum and coke, make with the Airfix Hurricane and stop playing with yer shiny new F150...we know where you live*...😈

* And its brass monkeys so we're not goin' there neither...

But it will take you a while to get here, so I may as well have one of these. I have a fresh bottle in the cupboard for when you get here.

36007270906_4b98dd9476_b.jpg

Chris

• Haha 3

Thanks for the info on the stands Anil - I get it now; top plate angled so you can rotate the model to different poses. Clever :) 

11 hours ago, malpaso said:

Well that’s a pillar drill and bench press vice going onto @CedB‘s tool wish list!

Cheers

Will

Thanks Will, I already have one! 👍 :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CedB said:

Thanks for the info on the stands Anil - I get it now; top plate angled so you can rotate the model to different poses. Clever :) 

Thanks Will, I already have one! 👍 :D 

Duh, you're The  ToolMaster Ced as if we didn't already know...:rofl2:

• Haha 2

Can't wait to see the Academy 109 build, I am on my second Academy Hellcat kit and thoroughly enjoying it.

My local hobby shop only carries the Academy Hellcat and P-47. I never saw any others.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crane said:

Can't wait to see the Academy 109 build, I am on my second Academy Hellcat kit and thoroughly enjoying it.

My local hobby shop only carries the Academy Hellcat and P-47. I never saw any others.

The do a whole raft of sweet 1/72s, mostly clones of Hasegawa's but their P-51/B/C are great kits but possibly not terribly accurate? Their 190A is another sweet kit but apparently not very accurate. Built their P40E ages ago and again nice little kit with delicate engravings and great fit.

The 109Gs have only one annoying thing, thats the separate tails but that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Anil

• Like 1