"Hier Wittgenstein, geh weg!" Heinrich Wittgentein's Junkers Ju 88C-6

"Wittgenstein here, clear off!"

Second nightfighter in my collection, and probably the last one I make in 1:72, installing those antennas was a nightmare.

Some pieces also didn´t fit, others were too long, the instructions tell you to install the exhausts without mentioning you won´t be able to fit the flame dampers if you do so, the rudder pedals supporters won't let you fit the nose unless you trim them, etc...

Pay close attention, if you build this kit, when making the antenna array: the support struts are of different lengths, something Revell misses to point out.

Brushpainted with Revell acrylics.

sk3LChC.jpg

rQ1Hgs6.jpg

Bf5Nwhn.jpg

FsKLUmW.jpg

BqsGo6R.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 16

47 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

That looks like a epic painting task, I love it!

The really complicated part was to paint main colours, the mottling took little time to do.

Just now, Greg Law said:

Sounds like you had a bit of a battle with this one. Good result in the end. You can get antennas from Owl for it.

I had, but most likely the issues were self inflicted. I'll try my luck with ICM's 48 version if it ever comes back in stock. I'm travelling to London next month, and there're several models and decal sheets that have gone out of stock and which I really wanted.

8 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

I had, but most likely the issues were self inflicted. I'll try my luck with ICM's 48 version if it ever comes back in stock. I'm travelling to London next month, and there're several models and decal sheets that have gone out of stock and which I really wanted.

You can get a good one from Special Hobby. This is the ICM 1/48 kit as a Ju 88C-4 it has some resin correction parts in it for the cockpit rear wall. There are more decal options than there advertise. It is a excellent kit. I got one a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, opus999 said:

That's a fascinating paint scheme and well rendered. Night fighters are pretty interesting subjects; this one looks great!

Thanks! I was looking this aircraft with interest since January, but was put off by the mottling.