Nakajima Ki-44-II Hei 1/48 Hasegawa

Nakajima Ki-44-II Hei 1/48 Hasegawa.

Marking:

3rd Chutai, 246th Sentai, Taisho airfield, Osaka area 1944

Colour: Gunze C, H and Tamiya acrylics

Accessories: PE parts Eduard, resin kokpit parts S.B.S., decals Revi and wet transfers MYK Design 

Added: rivets

Thank you for watching :-)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36

Very well done, and correct ID stripes - bravo! With all fabric control surfaces in grey-green it would be perfect, but that's no issue here as your model looks superb.

Great job! I like the effect you've made with the aluminum - to me, it looks very realistic. Add your subtle weathering, and this is just superb.

Cheers,

Bill

Amazing paintjob and riveting work on this one!! After seeing that finish I'm seriuoly tempted to finish my current build (Hayate) in a metallic livery. I think it gives the lines of this ki44 a truly stilish touch! Cheers!

Without a doubt, the best bare metal finished K-44 build I have seen! The weathering, panel lines, and oil streaks are very accurate for the type and very well done. it looks like a real metal airplane, not a plastic painted model, if that makes any sense. Hai! (...and I get to try to duplicate what you have done on either my 1/72 Hasegawa or Sword kit? It ain't happenin', my friend!) Impressive replica, not a model!

Mike

Thank you 

The metal surface on the models looks very interesting. It's not hard to do this If you use high-quality colors. I use great colors Gunze SM01 and Gunze C008, which can be toned by adding a few drops of black or white. It is not necessary to apply glossy varnish. I presented the model Ki-61 on this forum (see this link below). It was my first experience with Gunze metal paints.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235030020-kobayashi%C2%B4s-kawasaki-ki-61-id-tei-red-24-tamiya-148/&tab=comments#comment-2883430