Mid production Tiger +++Finished+++

Ozzy

I build following has been minimal this week as I've been away with work, having a few days on Otterburn Training area adjusting Artillery fire from a Puma II Remotely Piloted Air System (drone). I thought I'd share some pictures of the end result, a mixture of HE point detonating and HE proximity.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My building has been bitty, I've finished of the rear hull and scrapped away some zimmermit to show a beaten up tank. With the side skirts were some metal D shackles which I've used, the tow rope was from Fields of Glory. My plan are to have both held in place over the rear deck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Interesting photos from your work Ozzy and even if it’s not a lot - progress on your Tiger is progress and is looking good! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Interesting photos from your work Ozzy and even if it’s not a lot - progress on your Tiger is progress and is looking good! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

I’ve got to that point of the build where there are lots of little bits, then all of a sudden she’s finished. Hopefully find some AFV club tracks at the Salisbury show next week.

• Like 2

Those eyes in the sky eh, I'll tell the lads to start the new world order on a foggy day then now, thanks Ozzy I hope you haven't breached the official secrets act 😋, BTW your tigers lookin great, good progress

• Like 2

Nice work if you can get it (Watching things getting blow up, I mean)

And good work on the Tiger. I'm going down the bicycle brake cable route for my tow cables, so I know how awkward they can be to bend and get to fit the tank believably.

I love the rubble btw. Very realistic components. Did you make the 'stones' yourself or are they from some 'ruined building' kit?

Rearguards,

Badder 

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Those eyes in the sky eh, I'll tell the lads to start the new world order on a foggy day then now, thanks Ozzy I hope you haven't breached the official secrets act 😋, BTW your tigers lookin great, good progress

Thanks Glynn,

no secrets here, they won't give me the codes to trident. The big kitty is coming along nicely.

4 minutes ago, Badder said:

Nice work if you can get it (Watching things getting blow up, I mean)

And good work on the Tiger. I'm going down the bicycle brake cable route for my tow cables, so I know how awkward they can be to bend and get to fit the tank believably.

I love the rubble btw. Very believable. Did you make the 'stones' yourself or are they from some 'ruined building' kit?

Rearguards,

Badder 

Thanks Badder,

the day job keeps me out the house, I didn't think of brake cables the wire I got was £1.75. It straightens out nicely, the bricks are some I brought a few years ago. I can't remember the make ones house bricks the other is stone blocks.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Good progress there Ozzy, I like the way you've attacked the Zim

Thanks Robert,

im not sure if I've cut deep enough, having looked at retired bob's turret on this King tiger. The square without zimmermit is fairly deep, somthing to ponder this week.

• Like 2

Looking good Ozzy, I like the diorama base , it will look impressive when painted.  When I first opened the KT box I thought the zimmerit was too coarse, but after looking at photos I realised it was quite realistic, especially after some coats of paint.  With the Tiger I there were quite a few Zimmerit patterns and levels of roughness so do not worry about  it too much.  When I paint the tyres on a tank I run some thinned tyre colour paint around the tyre first, capillary action takes it around the rim, then you can paint as normal with a neat edge as a guide, hope that helps.

Regards,  Bob 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Looking good Ozzy, I like the diorama base , it will look impressive when painted.  When I first opened the KT box I thought the zimmerit was too coarse, but after looking at photos I realised it was quite realistic, especially after some coats of paint.  With the Tiger I there were quite a few Zimmerit patterns and levels of roughness so do not worry about  it too much.  When I paint the tyres on a tank I run some thinned tyre colour paint around the tyre first, capillary action takes it around the rim, then you can paint as normal with a neat edge as a guide, hope that helps.

Regards,  Bob 

Thanks Bob,

i had painted the the front of the hull, when I scraped the zimmerit off and then painted the primer colour. There was the grey step I was looking for to give a concrete paste look, I’m impressed with Dragons zimmerit this is the second kit I’ve done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

i had painted the the front of the hull, when I scraped the zimmerit off and then painted the primer colour. There was the grey step I was looking for to give a concrete paste look, I’m impressed with Dragons zimmerit this is the second kit I’ve done.

Dragons zimmerit is good, certainly better than using filler, I have another KT with zimmerit in the stash it's just a pity the rear panel and other areas need to have the zimmerit removed.   I like the look of the Trumpeter zimmerit sheets, if they are the same as the Atak sheets I must give them a go.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Dragons zimmerit is good, certainly better than using filler, I have another KT with zimmerit in the stash it's just a pity the rear panel and other areas need to have the zimmerit removed.   I like the look of the Trumpeter zimmerit sheets, if they are the same as the Atak sheets I must give them a go.

Definitely better than filler, there are some good zimmerit products about. I’ve used the Tamiya stickers, the Trumpeter sheets do look good no resin dust.

• Like 1

got a couple of hours at the bench today, built and painted the type 166 and built some Miniart figures. I've ordered a couple of figure sets and some AFV club individual track links.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

got a couple of hours at the bench today, built and painted the type 166 and built some Miniart figures. I've ordered a couple of figure sets and some AFV club individual track links.

image.jpg

Hey Ozzy - Great work - and looking at your building - what on earth was I thinking of trying to make one from scratch - you even have the same bricks - spooky.

Looking good Sir - Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Hey Ozzy - Great work - and looking at your building - what on earth was I thinking of trying to make one from scratch - you even have the same bricks - spooky.

Looking good Sir - Steve

Thanks Steve,

its like it was meant to be, building buildings isn't that bad at least you can just build the bits you need. I've moved the troops onto the rubble, I ordered the tamyia field briefIng set today. My plan is to have these guys resting while the commanders are being briefed.

image.jpg

20 minutes ago, mick said:

great work

Thanks Mick,

i must start on the ground proper to give a wintery feel.

• Like 3

Hi Ozzy. Looks like your scene is coming together very nicely! The figures look good on the rubble.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 04/06/2019 at 10:20, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Looks like your scene is coming together very nicely! The figures look good on the rubble.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, 

they look better on the rubble than on the back of the tank.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

I can see its going to be a very cold scene, brrrr. 

Hopefully not to cold.

Hi Clive,

Have fun with the tracks! Loving the figures.

All posts/topics missing the 'like' button, so apologies for not 'liking'

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Clive,

Have fun with the tracks! Loving the figures.

All posts/topics missing the 'like' button, so apologies for not 'liking'

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

im halfway through building the tracks, I've got a few more figures to build yet.

• Like 1

Got the tracks done, sprayed with Tamiya's dark iron and on. I also glued the hull together.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2