Mid production Tiger +++Finished+++

Ozzy

Heres my proof of life picture, not sure how I'm going to display the beast. I've got some ideas, I've picked up some figures just in case.

image.jpg

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Great looking kit Ozzy. I have this kit in the stash so I'll follow your build with interest. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, 

shes looking very nice in the box, the detail looks very well done.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks good there Ozzy - LOTS of plastic

Thanks Robert,

as with all Dragon kits most of the bits will end up in the spares box.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

as with all Dragon kits most of the bits will end up in the spares box.

Ah, yes. the main reason for buying Dragon ... add to the spares box

Kits aren't bad either ...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Nice kit Ozzy, and a decent supply of bits for the spares box to boot, all the best

Thanks Glynn, 

looking forward to to do a bit of building, have you got your build sorted?

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

have you got your build sorted

I have ozzy, I'll post up some time this week, I'm doing a 1/35 King tiger, no zimmerit 

It's a zvezda kit (old dragon molds) a bit of pe,( fenders, and stuff) and if all goes to plan a 72nd tiger 1 with pe fenders, all the best

Glynn 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I have ozzy, I'll post up some time this week, I'm doing a 1/35 King tiger, no zimmerit 

It's a zvezda kit (old dragon molds) a bit of pe,( fenders, and stuff) and if all goes to plan a 72nd tiger 1 with pe fenders, all the best

Glynn 

Sounds like you’ve got 2 nice builds Glynn.

• Thanks 1

I've worked out how I'm going to display her, I picked this plaster base up while I was shopping for cat food. It's a great north roads kit, the moulding is very sharp. I also found the type 166 as well for under a tenner, my only dilemma is does it sit better in the west or could I still get away with an eastern front scene?

the kits on the base are just so I can get an idea before I start building.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

That's a fine looking base Clive, more so for being a plaster cast I suspect. A bit of an opportunity to do some ad-hoc sculpting of your own! The 'David' will look tiny beside your Tiger, but that'll just make the Tiger look bigger!

'David' ; Schwimmer.

One question; are you going to have the Tiger driving over it?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Badder said:

That's a fine looking base Clive, more so for being a plaster cast I suspect. A bit of an opportunity to do some ad-hoc sculpting of your own! The 'David' will look tiny beside your Tiger, but that'll just make the Tiger look bigger!

'David' ; Schwimmer.

One question; are you going to have the Tiger driving over it?

Rearguards,

Badder

thanks Badder,

there will ill be a few additions to the base and buildings, I had thought about having an officer briefing the tank commander. I was looking for a schwimmwagen or a type 82. Luckily there was a David in the shop today. My plan is to have the tiger rolling into town, lucky Dragon have the suspension units free moving to allow it to sit right on the camber.

my progress so far.

image.jpg

• Like 4

Good to see you've got this project underway Ozzy and I like the look of the base you managed to acquire.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see you've got this project underway Ozzy and I like the look of the base you managed to acquire.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i had popped in to the model shop in town to just order an MDF base, when this one caught my eye. I got the owner to open the box to measure the width, it was wide enough for a Tiger. So I brought it along with some other bits, just need a few figures to bring it all to life.

• Like 2

I was gonna say 'well done on getting those tracks assembled' then realised they haven't been! lol

That'll explain why you're ahead of me on the wheels and suspension, Clive.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Badder said:

I was gonna say 'well done on getting those tracks assembled' then realised they haven't been! lol

That'll explain why you're ahead of me on the wheels and suspension, Clive.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder, there is still time. I'm going to replace the tracks with. Set of AFV clubs individual early tracks, the wheels will come off and cleaned up once the glue has dryed.

• Like 1

My least favourite job nearly done, I've used Tamiya's XF 88 Dark Yellow 2 for the Dunkelgelb. Looks pretty good and goes through the airbrush without a drama.

image.jpg

the torsion bar suspension dryed just how I wanted the to, a nice curve over the railway tracks. Once all the road wheels are in placed I shall tidy up the rubber paint.

image.jpg

i did find 5 brass side skirts that I shall be using instead of the kits plastic ones.

• Like 4

Hi Clive,

Great to see someone place a Tiger on such uneven ground. I keep meaning to do something similar, but keep chickening out!

I see now why you're going to glue the tracks (however temporarily) to the wheels now. I wouldn't fancy trying to build them any other way!

Following with interest.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Clive,

Great to see someone place a Tiger on such uneven ground. I keep meaning to do something similar, but keep chickening out!

I see now why you're going to glue the tracks (however temporarily) to the wheels now. I wouldn't fancy trying to build them any other way!

Following with interest.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

the Dragon kits are probably the best to go over uneven ground, as the suspension arms aren’t locked into one position. Which allows free movement, there more of a pain if you keep them straight and level.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Looking good ozzy, I do like that base

Thanks Glynn,

im very pleased with my spot, I've been raiding my mini art spares to give it a little life.

Fantastic progress Ozzy and great idea about having the wheels set to go over the tracks. Like Badder, I haven't ever tried anything like that yet.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic progress Ozzy and great idea about having the wheels set to go over the tracks. Like Badder, I haven't ever tried anything like that yet.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

the way Dragon have done the suspension, allows modellers with very little pain to shape the tracks around undulating ground. I had been thinking of doing something with the tracks so I was keen to sort a base out prior to starting.

below is a picture of the instructions of the layout of the torsion bars, it's these that allow the movment.

image.jpg

6 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Your Tiger looks impressive Ozzy, clambering over the rails like that.

A quick question - have you glued your suspension in place, or is it a working system?

Thanks Robert,

i did glue the suspension in place, as I was worried about the torsion bars falling out. The instructions say not to glue them in, you could leave them free and they would move to fit any surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1