Mid production Tiger +++Finished+++

Ozzy

got a bit of bench time today, spent my time filling gaps on the figures and starting to slap a bit of paint on. I've started them all mainly with green parkers and White trousers, I thought I would brake up the white with some camouflage.

image.jpg

• Like 3

😁 I thought the chav on the right had 3 quarter length shorts, swollen ankles and base ball cap there for a minute 😂, foolishness apart your doing a  great job on the figures  Ozzy, 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

😁 I thought the chav on the right had 3 quarter length shorts, swollen ankles and base ball cap there for a minute.

If he has swollen ankles that bad, he must be on the the same blood pressure tablets as me!  There are some troops in my battle of the bulge KT, I'm thinking of adding some to my build.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hewy said:

😁 I thought the chav on the right had 3 quarter length shorts, swollen ankles and base ball cap there for a minute 😂, foolishness apart your doing a  great job on the figures  Ozzy, 

thanks Glynn,

he does look like his a bit of a hipster, I think there some sort of gater?

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

If he has swollen ankles that bad, he must be on the the same blood pressure tablets as me!  There are some troops in my battle of the bulge KT, I'm thinking of adding some to my build.

Thanks Bob for the advice, I will get him to the med centre. Figures definitely bring a build to life, I'm no figure painting expert. I just slap a bit of paint on and hope for the best.

image.jpg

i did a little bit more on the Motley crew last night, next step paint all their gear.

image.jpg

My resin canopy turned up today, it fits a lot better than the kit one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Your figures look good enough for me ozzy, that resin hood looks the business too 

Thanks Glynn,

its a lot better fitting and sits very well on the chassis.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2019 at 22:43, Badder said:

Great progress Clive. I don't know how you do it. I've gone 2 steps backwards to your 2 forwards!

Reaguards

Badder

Thanks Badder,

I'm getting there.

39 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Good progress with the figures and that canopy looks good too. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix,

ive painted the belt kit for the men which I will attach this week, I spent the weekend making a start on my D-Day build.

• Like 1

I spent the weekend finishing off this beast, thought I'd try some 3 colour camouflage. Not sure if it's totally historically accurate for this unit? I've got some Grossdeutschland decals left over, there's 3 colour camouflage on the early one. I found a picture in a book but that may be a late one, anyway it's on now and staying. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Nice work on the camo Ozzy. Your scene looks to be progressing beautifully! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, 

i got the brushes out for the wiggles, I’ve got my figures looking respectable so just the base to sort out now.

• Like 1

Stated filling in the ground work base colours, it's all starting to come together now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks like good progress there Ozzy.  Think the colours scheme is fine, Star show something similar on their 35-900 sheet.

Thanks Robert,

im pleased with it, i was trying to do it with the airbrush. When I got to the fine lines they were a little speckled. Not sure if I will do distressed whitewash yet?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With 10 days to go, I thoughed I'd better get a move on. I have weathered all the troops and the vehicles, the Tiger needs some oil adding. The street is flooded to give the look of damaged drains.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all,

ive been having a bit of a weathering morning, using various Mig pigments on the building to try and get that burnt out look. I've also made it a little colder on the scene,  by mixing woodland scenics snow with Vallejo satin varnish. Nearly done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

AH, good, more snow ;)

Thare some interesting developments here Ozzy.

I hadn't planned on it Robert, then I picked up the Machine Gun crew for the bargin price of £10 and my summer turned to early spring.

i used the fantastic sunshine, were having at the moment to take some outside pictures. I'm calling this one finished, I think.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks good Ozzy, I like it

Thanks Robert, hope to see another wintry scene in the gallery.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic result Ozzy. Your scene looks really superb in the Gallery. I think you captured the atmosphere of the moment beautifully! Very well done! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic result Ozzy. Your scene looks really superb in the Gallery. I think you captured the atmosphere of the moment beautifully! Very well done! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I'm pleased with the snow, I think I’ve sussed out how to get the best look. The figures I had chose really set it off.

• Like 1