HP Jet Provost T3a

Hi all

I have been working on this little gem of a kit.  This is a lovely kit to put together and looks the part.  Slightly simplified without some scoops etc on the top of the fuselage but very pleased with it.  Built OOB apart from a small whip aerial on the lower port forward fuselage and the headlights were drilled out with a round burr and painted and filled with lazer bond glue.  Brush painted with Humbrol enamels.  Great Value for money Kit from Airfix

Hope you like

9774d188-38e8-45c7-be5f-729275677f02.JPG

ab7bd1f0-592f-4330-9af5-b5e776af159a.JPG

21d8cc29-0303-4965-b952-0d564cea071f.JPG

1b8013a4-c03f-4f26-93f9-d068dd067d2a.JPG

414b318f-f177-404d-98d4-92bf79c07187.JPG

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge
  • Like 56

1 hour ago, ForestFan said:

Super, and with a hairy stick too! Agree regarding the kit, I’m building my second one at present

Thanks ForestFan, it's a cracker alright. I may do another although got a 48th Fly T5 to do one day. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Absolutely beautiful finish, Chris!

Thanks AD210, very kind of you.

All the best

Chris

3 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

That's a lovely little beauty. Very neat finish.

Thanks PP, the red and grey went on well, the white on the other hand was a bit of a so and so and took 4 coats.

All the best

Chris

7 hours ago, Bedders said:

Gorgeous. That paint-job is top-notch and the whole thing looks great.

Justin

Thanks Justin, it is an enjoyable model and goes together very nicely, so congratulations to Airfix really for making another cracker and for just under a tenner too.

All the best

Chris

7 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

WOW, looks superb. This has been a kit I've been meaning to get hold of for a while now. You've certainly done it justice.

Thanks Mark, I can thoroughly recommend getting one as it is a lovely kit and goes together very well. Also it would look amazing with extra detailing.

7 hours ago, gazza l said:

Lovely neat build.

gazza l 

Thanks Gazza very kind of you to say

All the best

Chris

Brush painted?  What did your dad tell you about fibbing?  My goodness, I couldn't brush paint white that well if my immortal soul depended on it.  Well done, my man!  Well done.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That is one lovely looking Jet Provost.

Extremely well done. 

Thanks MM very kind

2 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Brush painted?  What did your dad tell you about fibbing?  My goodness, I couldn't brush paint white that well if my immortal soul depended on it.  Well done, my man!  Well done.  

Thanks Ad-4N very kind. I have to work in our bedroom at the moment so fumes from an airbrush would be a big no no. It's odd that I have never used an airbrush however I have sprayed a car, a full sized one that is. 

2 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Some models for some reason really make you think WOW!, this is one such model, good job.

Wow thank you that is most kind of you to say sir.

2 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice, tidy JP3 - finish is bang-on, which is especially commendable for a brush-painted finish.  Well done!

Thank you very much indeed. I thin the paint a bit and it levels out better, although it means more coats.

Thanks everyone

All the best

Chris

Beautiful job Chris,....... you are very brave doing this scheme,....... I love it but it scares the crap out of me!!! 

This is how a JP should look!!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Beautiful job Chris,....... you are very brave doing this scheme,....... I love it but it scares the crap out of me!!! 

This is how a JP should look!!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, very kind of you. It scared me but when I got the kit and was taking a look I just found myself cutting parts off the sprues and thought I would give it a go. The worst part was the many thinned coats of white after that it was fairly simple, give one a go. I have a Dominie, 2 Tucanos and a 48th scale Jet Provost T5 to do in similar schemes

Really got the Trainer bug at the mo.

Thanks fella

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:30 AM, kapam said:

Excellent!  Beautiful work.  :worthy:

Thanks Kapam

48 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Superb build and finish Chris.just started this one in the latest boxing going for the camo scheme.

Thanks Steve, it's a nice kit, the Camouflage scheme looks good. 

Thanks and all the best

Chris

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Murdo said:

An absolute cracker mate, a wee cracker!

As you say, it's a lovely wee kit, goes together nicely and is well worth the money! 

Thanks Murdo, yes definitely great value for money.

All the best

Chris