1/72 Special Hobby P-40K "Soviet Air Force"

Dear fellow Britmodellers,

here's my 1/72 Special Hobby P-40K in Russian markings.

Built out of the box, painted with Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics.

Photographs by Wolfgang Rabel.

A full build review will appear in an upcoming edition of Scale Aviation Modeller International.

5aceb642-28db-4b6b-a753-d47589cee095.jpg

d79da8d3-7e4a-4162-ab3c-fb1f767bab88.jpg

83b8fd80-a450-4177-b5a3-e25d8ade25ad.jpg

d3287624-240c-4cdd-833b-bcbf97c47bce.jpg

2b6ae872-3e7d-4152-ad04-911cc2bb54e6.jpg

With best greetings from Vienna,

Roman

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mohawk said:

I have never managed to finish a Special Hobby kit,they always end up in the recycle bin.:(Well done indeed sir:clap2:

mohawk

This P-40 kit is different to earlier releases - it is a modern tooling, one of Special Hobby's best efforts so far.

No grinding, filling, swearing - everything falls together easily!

Even location pins are provided, so can be recommended to all modellers.

Different boxings are available, plus loads of aftermarket items from CMK (if one wishes to enhance the detailing).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roman Schilhart said:

This P-40 kit is different to earlier releases - it is a modern tooling, one of Special Hobby's best efforts so far.

No grinding, filling, swearing - everything falls together easily!

Even location pins are provided, so can be recommended to all modellers.

Different boxings are available, plus loads of aftermarket items from CMK (if one wishes to enhance the detailing).

As a strictly OOB builder,I tend to stick to Tamiya,Revell,Airfix,less swearing and cussing and even someone as bad as me can usually get a model finished and looking more or less like the picture on the box.I have tried SH kits in the past and have had nothing but recycled plastic to show for it.:rant:

mohawk

30 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

As a strictly OOB builder,I tend to stick to Tamiya,Revell,Airfix,less swearing and cussing and even someone as bad as me can usually get a model finished and looking more or less like the picture on the box.I have tried SH kits in the past and have had nothing but recycled plastic to show for it.:rant:

mohawk

Dear Mohawk,

I have to agree with Roman, this P-40 by Special Hobby is light years away from the 'Czech short run' kits of the past. Great fit, finely recessed panel lines, interesting decal options and will give a great result OOB

Give it a try, I would say.

Peter

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

mohawk

Airfix kits aren't exactly shake 'n bake you know... :P

• Like 2

Roman, If you didn`t say as much, I would be convinced that this is a true-to-life P-40 and not a replica in 72nd scale.   Your works continue to inspire.  Congratulations on another outstanding work of art!!!!!! :clap:

Hi My Friend Roman!!!

Congratulations for this last Masterpiece added to your nice collection!!!

Think that this model is as you said: Perfect and years ahead from the old SH previous efforts. The nice kit seem to be designed to get our frustration about the brand and for sure this one  in the proper hands will end in a nice build. In this case, I like a huge lot the weathering and chipping this one has, nicely done, also the paint and overall appearance…for sure if one day one crosses in front of me, I would fire from my wallet without previous warning!!! While, just continue inspiring more builds with your nice work.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso