Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I

Hi all. This is my Tamiya 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I. 

I finished this a couple months ago but just got around to taking some pictures. The kit was really nice to build and everything is out of box and I used Tamiya paints. 

Thanks for looking. 

01892A23-38A6-4B21-9918-0A5F86ACF9D8.jpe

78065821-0533-406A-A5E9-6DDF471EF4B8.jpe

3BF5C5E7-4173-4BD9-B9E0-77C37F236AF3.jpe

B27C572B-A538-4C93-BEE5-FF53C517E8BF.jpe

32EA3078-BC66-434F-91A3-A92A290E2CEB.jpe

Edited by Robert_
Duplicate photo
  • Like 56

Nice subtle weathering. Great looking Spitfire. 

• Like 1

Very good looking Spitfire and, a measure of the quality of the weathering work, the scuffing on the port wing root looks entirely believable.

What does look at bit un-RAFish (new word?) is the soft edged camouflage. It was almost invariably hard edged in the war years…

Excellent modelling, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

That's a superb build of Tamiya's kit Robert colour's look great and the weathering look's beautifully restrained in line with the scale.I'm just at the painting

stage of Revell's MKii in 1/32 scale,the photo's on the box and Revell's website although superbly painted by the modeller look's like a patchwork quilt and

I wanted a more realistic finish which I now have your's to reference,great stuff!

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 4:50 AM, stevej60 said:

That's a superb build of Tamiya's kit Robert colour's look great and the weathering look's beautifully restrained in line with the scale.I'm just at the painting

stage of Revell's MKii in 1/32 scale,the photo's on the box and Revell's website although superbly painted by the modeller look's like a patchwork quilt and

I wanted a more realistic finish which I now have your's to reference,great stuff!

Thanks guys. Steve- I look forward to seeing your Revell! Good luck with the finish. 

• Like 1

Like wot everyone else said ,very nice .Is that the old Tamiya kit ,or the new one ?

I have also recently finished the old kit ,come of the decals were a bit (forgot the word ,shiny?) the warning ones on the undercarriage bumps  for example.

• Like 1