Tim's Airfix 88mm

Rejoining this GB with this Airfix 88mm anti-tank gun.

Airfix-88mm.jpg

Parts.

Parts.jpg

Airbrushed Humbrol 225 this morning, with some flash removed.

H225-Parts.jpg

Bought at a car boot sale, during summer 2015. I offered £10 for four Airfix kits - bargain

The litter included this, a Stug, Curtiss Hawk 81-A-2 (P-40B), and an Angel Interceptor - result.

Intent, as with all my German armour,  is to build this as something found in Normandy - by a marauding Typhoon! 

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
update
  • Like 5

I was about to say didn't I see you here before???

Welcome back and nice to see you've brought something really nice as well. As far as "Tank Busters" go for WWII this had to be the most feared piece of equipment of the war. In either Anti-Aircraft mode or Anti-tank mode she was the supreme weapon of the war. 

Gosh this model brings back memories, I think I built it when I was 10. I do remember at some stage I mounted the 88mm into the half-track.

Well good luck with this build, I think it'll bring back lots of memories for a lot of members! 

I built the Stug as well....I always wanted the Angel Interceptor, gosh I wish someone released it in 1/48th or 1/32nd!!!( I just found a 1/24th build here!!) 

we'll done, she looks great and I love the sharks mouth, there were masses of different schemes for these, it's nice to see one.

thanks for joining us, hope you had fun.

@dogsbody I think your 66 model has stood the test of time far better than mine! I was looking at mine the other day (along with all my other OO/HO stuff, still have them all after nearly 50 years) not in the best condition.