AaronKSJ

I'd like to stick this here for the time being. 

Will probably be a few weeks before I make a start as I'm part way through a P-38 build in the Lockheed GB :D

I bought this kit at the beginning of last year when I got back into modelling again, and have been putting off the build for fear of making a mess of what looks to be an amazing kit.
I think the time is right for me to give it a bash at long last! 

I've got the Eduard mask and zoom set. Mainly got the etch for the seatbelts, not sure if I'll use the IP or not. 

spacer.png

I had been thinking of leaving this kit in the stash and buying the Airfix P-40 to build instead. I'm really curious to see what the new Airfix kits are like, but there's a P-40 STGB later in the year, so here we are with the B-25G!

Aaron

Edited by AaronKSJ
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Christer A said:

Excellent taste Aaron!

Anything from WWII America with twin engines in 1/48 scale makes me drool.
I'm very excited to see ICM are releasing a B-26 at the end of the year :D

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

I would have a go and using the IP

I'll need to have a proper look at the kit supplied IP - but I seem to recall it's quite nice. It's the clear sort that has a decal applied to the rear, and I think it will be more 3D.
But I'll certainly consider the etch if it'll look better. 

I was having a bit of read over some previous builds / reviews of the kit and from what others have said the shark mouth version should be painted olive drab over white, and not OD over neutral grey 😖

Found a couple of B&W pictures which look to confirm the white belly. 

I have to admit that I have a certain amount of the FEAR at the prospect of painting so much white! Unless anyone has any picture evidence to show that it might have been painted OD/NG at a later point in it's life? 🤞

Aaron

• Like 1