Apollo 11 Eagle

Thanks very much guys.

I think your photos have just proved that NASA hoaxed the whole thing

I am not really helping the cause am I? :)

The Chinese space agency ripped me off by by using some of my photos of the Shenzhou and Tiangong spacecraft and passed them off as the real thing. The BBC then followed suit until I stopped them. The last thing I want is my models to be mistaken for the real thing and distort historical accuracy (there is plenty wrong with them).

Keith

Edited by saturnapollo
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, saturnapollo said:

The Chinese space agency ripped me off by by using some of my photos of the Shenzhou and Tiangong spacecraft and passed them off as the real thing. The BBC then followed suit until I stopped them.

That's interesting! What did you say to the BBC, and what was their response?

To be honest to the BBC they just accepted the photos in good faith from the Chinese space agency. Seemed they had sent my photos to all news agencies. presumably because they had no photos of the combined spacecraft docked in orbit. I would not have minded if they had credited me, but they implied they were the real spacecraft.

It was the day Tiangong 1 re-entered, but the BBC used the wrong spacecraft (Shenzou). Imagine my surprise when I went onto the BBC web site to find my photo

illustrating the story, then to put on the TV and there it is again large as life behind the presenter (so much for posting at lo res to stop folk ripping me off!).

Anyway the BBC do not make it easy to complain, you have go through a very long process of form filling, so I phoned them up. Had to try and prove it was my photo but she apparently could not find my Flickr page despite me giving her the web address. Eventually they agreed to take it down, but Winnie Mandela died that day so it fell off the news anyway. Spent days completing forms even suggesting I should have got royalties for it. Best I managed was that they agreed to put it in a library and never use it again unless they give me a credit.

Whilst I try to guard my copyright, I wasn't about to take on the Chinese government!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, saturnapollo said:

Whilst I try to guard my copyright, I wasn't about to take on the Chinese government!

I now have a mental image of you standing in front of a tank in Tiananmen Square!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

And we all know what happened to the last poor guy that tried that. 

Though in saturnapollo's case it would be a very realistic model so he'd be quite safe!

• Like 1

Great model and photos, and a truly amazing - and disturbing - story to go with it. The story emphasises how good your modelling is and how dubious the ethics of certain organisations / governments can be and how slack mainstream media has become vis-a-vis verification of news and sources. 

On the other hand I suppose it’s not really the BBC’s fault. It would seem reasonable to assume that an image of a Chinese spacecraft from the Chinese space agency would be legitimate!

It’s a minefield out there!

On 14/05/2019 at 11:39, Gimme Shelter said:

wow that's an amazing build or should I say diorama, and what great photography.

Of course man landed on the moon - that's where all the soap comes from, served by the Clangers.

Aha - there was a soap dragon too :)

• 1 month later...