weight 10050 Kg
Top Speed 57 km/h

Currently drives. 
Roof rack to be fixed first. 
Then chassis and all linkages on brakes amd gears
Finally electrics, e.g lights
Paint exterior Swiss Army Green
Interior , return to wood finish
Moved regularly up and down land to ensure it runs etc.

5 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

That was supposed a joke ,kind of … Look at the housing estate through the windows

Whooosh - that went straight over my head...!!  :doh:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Radio Van of which 100 built

It is an early Ptarmigan type battlefield communication truck then . Our went on Bedford MKs . 4x4 TKs is that right ?

Can't add to the FBW conversation, but on my way home from work I did see what I thought was a Citroen Mehari - first one I've seen in Britain although have seen a couple over at Le Mans. However, it's RHD which threw me a bit, and when I checked it's a replica. Still, got the pic on the dashcam:

48490581017_f1e1c06c53.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Saw this yesterday. Could it be a Jowett Javelin? Managed to snag a still from the dash cam.

EmCBBqE.jpg

Regards,

Steve

Certainly looks like a Javelin to me. 

• Like 1

Just seen a Gatsby Monoposto coming out of the local superstore. This was a strange mix of mobility scooter and scaled down Ford Model T front complete with brass rad carrying the Gatsby script in brass. I was laughing too much to grab my mobile for a piccy. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Just seen a Gatsby Monoposto coming out of the local superstore. This was a strange mix of mobility scooter and scaled down Ford Model T front complete with brass rad carrying the Gatsby script in brass. I was laughing too much to grab my mobile for a piccy. 

gatsby-4-wheel-scooter-by-vintage-vehicl

• Haha 5

Here's another one to laugh at, seen Northbound on the A1 this afternoon.

A 2003 VW Sharan with blacked out rear lights. Not just blacked out, these looked like they'd been painted Humbrol matt black with a very shabby hairy stick.

And, to spoil the 'effect', he'd obviously been stopped and told about the lack of red reflectors, because there were two stick on reflectors on the bumper!

• Haha 4

Very nice black BMW 840ci, metallic blue Citroen Visa (another 'can't remember when I saw one of those' common as muck things) and to add to today's comedic spots a 4 door R32 Skyline with the most horrendous amateur looking 'bodykit' that looked like it had been nailed on.....!!

Nice Maroon F reg VW Beetle parked up in Beeston, Nottingham near the Victoria pub.

There's a big steam rally on at the Lincoln showground this weekend so goodness knows what will turn up.

• Like 1

Eastbound on the M4 this morning, two foreign registered classic Minis - one early Rover and a Mklll Cooper which was towing a really cute little camping trailer! Think it might have been the back half of a small van (not a MIni van though as it was wider than the tow car!) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Eastbound on the M4 this morning, two foreign

Was that east of Bristol?

There was a big Mini festival in Bristol last Saturday.

Minis from all over the world according to a colleague at work who was there.

It's great to see these little gems still running...

Cheers, Alan.

1 hour ago, Alan R said:

Was that east of Bristol?

No it was still in South Wales Alan, one near Port Talbot and the other a little further on near Bridgend.Was it the International Mini Meet that was on in Bristol?

Saw this one over the weekend too - finally uncovered it in the garage after the winter - have to cover it up again soon!! She's still running but needs a bit of work to get a new MoT...

ours3-1 edit

Keith

• Like 6

North of Lincoln earlier this afternoon....

A Chevy Station wagon, (1956 I think) Imagine a four door Nomad. Very rare over here I think.

Ten minutes later, a red Jowett Jupiter towing a smaller car on a trailer.

• Like 2

On the A34 and M4 all the way from Hampshire home - absolutely nothing.

Then when taking the missus into work, just around the corner from the house a lovely looking 4 door, fully rally prepared Hillman Avenger in Wardance Red - if it had had Tiger stripes it would have looked just like the one I used to have - 43 years ago!!

K

• Like 1

Saw a really nice Ford Granada MK2 estate yesterday near Brecon  ,looked like new, metallic red and towing a rather large caravan . Obviously someones pride and joy .

Edited by Andrew Jones
  • Like 3