Spot of the Day Part 3

Unusually, as I haven't seen one for quite a few years, no less than 2 Mini Mokes in a week. They used to be quite common, but have become somewhat scarce in the last decade or so.

A Lancia Stratos was turning into the local pub’s classic car meet yesterday.  Also a Bullitt mustang and various other lovelies from mid 1930ies onwards.  It’s every third Wednesday so I didn’t stop this time.

• Like 2

I also think it is a Bristol, wonderful cars, and here on the continent most of the people don't even no these cars, I love these cars, somehow the best way for understatement. 

And the flury Ka... that's the way to customie this vehicle....

Marco F

Yesterday we went to the former RAF North Coates for a wings and wheels meet.

Cars present included a TR6, a Marcos, two Moggy Thou saloons and one flatbed pickup, a 1935 Ford and I think, an MG TD.

But then there was this huge land yacht in green. A 1970 Dodge Polara four door in very nice condition.

b_1970%20Dodge%20Polara-06-07.jpg

Read what it says under the Station Wagon. 'Carries a 4 x 8 sheet, perfectly flat'. That is one BIG car!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A 1970 Dodge Polara four door in very nice condition.

Hola Pedro,

who wouldn't want one of those. Looking at the illustration I was wondering what defines a sedan & what defines  hardtop?

12 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Read what it says under the Station Wagon. 'Carries a 4 x 8 sheet, perfectly flat'. That is one BIG car!

Imagine parking that in Tesco, it would need 4 bays....!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, spaddad said:

who wouldn't want one of those. Looking at the illustration I was wondering what defines a sedan & what defines  hardtop?

The hardtop doesn't have a B pillar. So it would probably need a hardtop? If you google pictures of these they were used as Police cars.

You'd probably get four prisoners in the back! Oh, and land a Helicopter on the hood!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I could do with one of those for doing the model shows.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Imagine parking that in Tesco, it would need 4 bays....!!

Round my way BMW drivers already manage that!

Regards

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Two nice Pugs today, rather pretty young lady about to drive a very tidy 306 through a car wash, and then a beautifully painted, mildly modified metallic red 106. Two more cars that used to be ten a penny but hardly seen these days....

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Two nice Pugs today, rather pretty young lady about to drive a very tidy 306 through a car wash, and then a beautifully painted, mildly modified metallic red 106. Two more cars that used to be ten a penny but hardly seen these days....

The funny thing is that you never realise they're not about any more till you see one and think "I've not seen one of them for ages"

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rs2man said:

The funny thing is that you never realise they're not about any more till you see one and think "I've not seen one of them for ages"

Exactly, and often you'll see more 'proper' classics in a day than the usual once common as muck things! I guess 'scrappage schemes' have played a big part in it...

Just now, keefr22 said:

Exactly, and often you'll see more 'proper' classics in a day than the usual once common as muck things! I guess 'scrappage schemes' have played a big part in it...

Very true . Far more chance of seeing an E Type Jag or MGA  than a Morris Marina or Mk4 Cortina .   

Saw a really nice Cobra replica on the way into work this morning .  I checked the registration on the DVLA website & found it was a Hawk ,  It was dark blue with white stripes , Halibrand wheels & a fastback hardtop like the 1963 Le Mans cars .  The DVLA said 3500cc , so I'm assuming Rover power .  It certainly sounded well .

Yesterday going down the hill outside the house a lovely little Herald convertible in a pretty, light duck egg blue sort of colour that I've not seen before so it might be custom paint. Assuming he lives locally but not seen the car before.

K