Spot of the Day Part 3

Just now, a two-tone Ford Taunus 1.6 Ghia... on a flatbed! After he burned through some Vauxhall Viva's, my grandfather drove a couple of Taunuses (I hope it's the correct plural 🙂) . In fact I even drove one of them sometimes, back when I just had my license. I remember it had an automatic gearbox with no less then 3 gears!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

The Aston is the Expensive type.

And another vote for the Jag ...

I am getting to the age where nostalgia tends to take over, but that Aston is truly beautiful. I love both of these, but I's rather have the Aston...

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

On the way to Scotland passed an early 1960s Hillman Minx and in  Wooler a WWII Jeep. In Kelso two SAAB 96, one in a very bright metallic green. Also a Red Jaguar XK140 and 'E' Type coupe. Also a lot of motorcycles came through of all makes. 

• Like 2

Lincoln today. An old TVR, a Tuscan I think, with a rollcage. Then a pimped up 90's Cadillac and later a red Montego estate. Not seen one of those in a long time.

• Like 1

I got around a bit today.

In Oakham at the showground they were setting up for a National Street Rod weekend.

I saw a few rods and in the distance a '55 Chevy.

Later, in Bourne, a '68 Pontiac Firebird droptop the same colour as this one below with an off white roof.

https://ccmarketplace.azureedge.net/cc-temp/listing/113/7103/13254727-1968-pontiac-firebird-std_f.jpg

And as I went home, in Lincoln, an L reg VW1500 estate in bright orange. Not seen one in ages.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ijs302 said:

Just arrived in our workshop a 1938 lagonda that should make a pleasant change 

Definitely! Some pics would also be nice if you could manage 🙂 

• Like 3

In Lincoln today, A J reg (91) Sierra Chasseur. That's one of the run out models with alloy wheels and, (gasp) tilt adjust steering wheel.

I think I've spotted the Sierra before. Later, just South of the city, a pair of Jensen Interceptors in convoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

In Lincoln today, A J reg (91) Sierra Chasseur. That's one of the run out models with alloy wheels and, (gasp) tilt adjust steering wheel.

I think I've spotted the Sierra before. Later, just South of the city, a pair of Jensen Interceptors in convoy.

I used to love the Sierra no matter what people used to call it (upturned bathtub!,peasants),,Cossie Saphires used to be two a penny over here now there's not one you see on the road....Another thing that impressed me with Ford names was they used to be somewhere exotic Capri/Cortina/Granada etc and i end up with a Fusion and it doesn't look anything like a DeLorean!....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I used to love the Sierra no matter what people used to call it 

Did you ever have the misfortune to own one?! Cossies & XR4's (test drove a RS500 - wow!!) were fine but the one owner (bought from wife's dad), three year old, 10,000 mile 1600 Azura (think that's what the 'limited edition' thing was called) was one of the worst cars I've ever driven. It was completely gutless, horrendous in any sort of crosswind, and they must have employed some work experience kid to do the NVH engineering. Absolutely hateful thing....!!

Keith

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Did you ever have the misfortune to own one?! Cossies & XR4's (test drove a RS500 - wow!!) were fine but the one owner (bought from wife's dad), three year old, 10,000 mile 1600 Azura (think that's what the 'limited edition' thing was called) was one of the worst cars I've ever driven. It was completely gutless, horrendous in any sort of crosswind, and they must have employed some work experience kid to do the NVH engineering. Absolutely hateful thing....!!

Keith

I had a 1600 estate for a while and they were a bit gutless but it was one of the most comfortable cars i've owned.....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

Half a dozen or more assorted original Minis heading toward Whitby. I smelt the oil from the first two climbing out of Thornton Dale before the front one dropped a hose, the second ran over it and they both came to a halt. Ahh memories of my first car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2