Spot of the Day Part 3

25 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I don't. Just looks like another soft mumsy crossover...

Keith

It needs to be covered in mud and crud.

What I liked about the original was that it looked agricultural and you wouldn’t mind bolting things on it. I’m getting Chelsea tractor vibes. Bottom line, will the army buy it?

Trevor

• Like 3

It looks like an Airfix quick build/Lego job. And, would a farmer buy one to put the dogs, hay bales or sheep in the back?

Have you seen the price! I imagine second hand values on original defenders will remain bouyant.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

What I liked about the original was that it looked agricultural and you wouldn’t mind bolting things on it. I’m getting Chelsea tractor vibes.

Exactly - and put chequer plate on the front wings and roof and stand on them - don't think this new thing would like that!

And a 'proper' Defender has character and still shows some of the DNA of the very original. This new one looks like a Citroen. Or a Peugout. Or a BMW. Or....

I think if the Army does buy it the Squaddies won't be happy...!!

K

• Like 2

Ok, it was on a dealer's lot.  But I'd not seen one up close.  I don't care for the wrap.  At $186 MSRP, I'll take two!

20200531_093119

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JCH said:

Ok, it was on a dealer's lot.  But I'd not seen one up close.  I don't care for the wrap.  At $186 MSRP, I'll take two!

20200531_093119

Did you miss 000 off that 🤔🤣!

Trevor

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Surely that’s garlic bread?*

Trevor

* for overseas readers google Peter Kay garlic bread!

Aaaannd down the Youtube rabbit hole, thank you very much 😉  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Gene Hunt approves.

Bet he doesn't, that's not a quattro. "Fire up the Coupé" doesn't sound quite the same..... :)

Used to see a black one around here quite regularly, when I used to be allowed out of the house!

K

• Haha 2

Bumper crop of "spots" yesterday and today.  I think people are exercising their classics in the good weather.  Sadly none where I've been able to get photos.

Yesterday there was a Morris Eight open tourer in yellow; 1930s Series I or Series II, not the Series E.

This morning there was a green 1960s Mini Moke, looking cute on its 10-inch wheels with a canvas tilt to keep the sun off.

This afternoon there was a real oddity, a Renault Fregate (mid/large Renault saloon from 1950 to 1960).  I'm not sure if it was entirely standard as it was sitting on Suzuki Jimny wheels but with an ordinary ride height and the engine sounded a bit diesel-y.  It seemed like the sort of thing you'd see and hear on the streets of Havana; 1950s American looks (even though it's French) with more modern running gear to keep it going.

• Like 1

Finally managed to spot something when I had a camera handy.  I know it's a Ford pick-up but I can't tell you much more than that.  It's glorious though, isn't it!

y4m-IPO5_neemimcK4dH8pT621HM9Yv7vil5rFMQ

y4mUOsMqg1h-YMD-XbkM7TqMhaKyjPiq4hF6JQ6Z

y4mxcSWa3lPjcfTZLfQx0X4cSUDmJNCkUuj0PtI1

• Like 6

Today's spot was a rather improbable Triumph Spitfire being driven with the roof down, carrying a ladder that was attached to an after-market roll-over bar and to the top of the windscreen.  I wonder if anyone has ever modelled such a combination?

• Like 1