Spot of the Day Part 3

Just been for a walk around my village and behind a large gate that's usually shut , was a D reg white Saab 900 Turbo 5 door  . Stood abandoned,  in undergrowth , it looked to be in good order . I reckon a Saab collector would be making an offer . 

• Like 2

A tiny Seat 600d, with suicide doors. I had to look it up, as I'd never seen one before. It's Spanish built, under license of Fiat. It used to be a very popular car according to Wikipedia

• Like 2

On Leeds Uni campus this afternoon...

A white Rover P6 on an L plate. Not able to see if it was 2000 or 3500 though but it looked nice and tidy and it sounded sweet as it glided past. Always had a soft spot for the P6 as my dad had a Red 3500 when i was a nipper. I can still smell the leather interior when i think of it 😌

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4

In town today and a chap pulls up in a 68 plate white Jaguar 3.4 S type with chrome wires.  We had a chat, it was mostly original but needed some calipers and discs, plus some water hoses and seals. Turns out he had recently bought it unseen from a guy in Sheffield who was getting divorced. Only paid £10 grand for it! Talk about jammy!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

In town today and a chap pulls up in a 68 plate white Jaguar 3.4 S type with chrome wires.  We had a chat, it was mostly original but needed some calipers and discs, plus some water hoses and seals. Turns out he had recently bought it unseen from a guy in Sheffield who was getting divorced. Only paid £10 grand for it! Talk about jammy!

He was lucky not to end up with half a Jag then 🙂

11 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Talk about jammy!

Jammy doesn't begin to describe it. If thats all he's got to do to it, he's done really well.

I was pulling out of our place today & a chap dude drove past in a rather tatty looking (faded paint, primer, thinking maybe a restoration in progess) early XJ6, the full depth grill version, very likely locally assembled originally. I dropped the window to hear the lovely XK growl & was rewarded by a deep V8 throb as he put power on to climb the incline just past our place. Bloody philistine I thought, or something else beginning with ph... ;)

Steve.

• Like 3

Being used as daily drivers today, I saw a B-reg Nissan Cherry and M-reg Cavalier.

Also, today's place for work housed a collection of about 10 lovely 60's/70's Ferraris plus a couple of other rare beasts  - an unexpected bonus that lot :)

• Like 4

In Lincoln today and saw a dull green 'G' reg Nissan Bluebird, slightly tatty, but not bad and not seen one for ages. My guess is a similar vintage Montego would be a pile brown flakes by now

• Like 2

A few days ago, on the A3 near Tolworth, heading towards London I spotted a bright yellow Lamborghini Diablo SV - well I think it was an SV, it had "SV" decals half the height of the car on the side of it! 

Edited by Scargsy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Southbound on the A46 near Lincoln. An Austin Gypsy. Not seen one for decades. And later near Newark. a B reg Mk1 Cortina four door.

And I just happened to be on the outskirts of Boston this morning in time to see a Citroen light 15 sitting on a driveway ticking over.

Tatty and with primer patches but a runner. It looked like they'd backed it out to gain access to the garage.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On the way home from work yesterday I saw in the middle of Nantwich a circa 1973 Princess 1300 in that burgundy colour in which a lot of them seemed to be painted .  Not totally mint , but certainly very tidy .  A little while later there was a silver Ferrari parked outside the local shop .  Bit of an ugly thing to be honest .  A little googling today suggests it was a 2012 Ferrari FF .  Finally , whilst sat in the car outside the chippy I spotted the unmistakeable rear end of a Mk2 Cortina going up Welsh Row .  It was dark by then so no other details were visible .

• Like 4