Spot of the Day Part 3

A Wolseley 6/110 (big Farina) in what looked like pretty smart condition, going the other way this morning.  Yesterday afternoon, a 1956 Chevy Bel Air hardtop.  No pics though, as I was driving.

• Like 4

Because nothing says 1970s like a brown Vauxhall Victor...

bnfIVqnGJQFft6XdyHY4OpXjIIn3eWDa2RDCMpT3

Today was car show day in the local park, as and with last year it was mostly hotrods and some very tasty classic and not-so-classic Americana with some homegrown stuff thrown in. Rather than clog up the thread (particularly as Google doesn't seem to shrink pictures), here's the full set of pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fZn5A9ht3JkFDkg5A

• Like 2

On my way to work this morning 4.15 am got overtaken by an R reg Ford Capri 3.0 litre S ( I think that's what it said still dark ) in white. From what I could see it looked mint. What I did notice is how much brighter modern headlights are !

• Like 2

Lincoln to Essex and back today. And it may be a cliche', but on an Essex country road I saw a G reg Mk 1 Capri!

On the A14 near Cambridge a red soft top Herald and a Jeep in wartime markings.

On the A15 near Sleaford, a Ford Crown Victoria.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, in Danbury, a red MG 'T' type, driving up a steep narrow lane (we were walking) to a very steep entry onto the A414 - not easy for it. Not a TF (grille too upright), but I'm not up on the series enough to know which variant it was.

• Like 1

I always loved the looks of the Ro80.

Back in the day you could chuck in a Ford V6 and it would be even more economical! 

I wonder if you could put in a Ford 1800 from a Mondeo? 

Oh, and maybe a clutch system that didn't work from a button on the gearstick.

But keep the body as is, please.

Very nice looking mid metallic blue Mk2 MR2 parked up next to a tatty, rough round the edges, matt black Calibra that was up on ramps. My son's first car was a really nice metallic turquoise Calibra that he scrapped when the cam belt went - apart from that 'slight' problem it was immaculate, and would now be worth a fair bit as a rolling shell!

Keith

On the A1 yesterday a blue G reg Triumph Herald, haven't  seen one in ages, Presumably as most have rusted through around the front end. As a bonus, near Duxford on the M11, the Blenheim flew over 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 1

In Dinant this afternoon, a grey Citroën Traction Avant, not sure of the exact model, coincidentally watched an old Maigret last night on my IPod. 

• Like 2

On our way to York today there were two Vauxhall Nova SR’s , both unmodified , one in yellow , the other a metallic blue , in convoy . I had a red SR back in the day and these two brought back all sorts of memories. Then a bit further up the A19 a red Mk 2 Vauxhall Astra GTE , the one with the digital  dashboard ! Maybe there was a Vauxhall classic meet on nearby .  By then I was in 80 ‘ s hot hatch heaven !!  Love cars from this ,  my era . 

Gary .  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Windy37 said:

red Mk 2 Vauxhall Astra GTE

Hi Gary,

I had one of these back in the Late 80's. It was red too. Mine was the 16V version. Went like stink in a straight line. Didn't like bumpy bends, though.

Still wish I had it though... :(

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan R said:

Hi Gary,

I had one of these back in the Late 80's. It was red too. Mine was the 16V version. Went like stink in a straight line. Didn't like bumpy bends, though.

Cheers, Alan.

Snap! Had a red 16V from new. Sold it after it was stolen and recovered for the third time! Replaced it with a Belmont SRi, not as quick but I actually found it nicer to drive and the toerags obviously wouldn't be seen dead stealing a 4 door Astra with a boot as they never touched it! Great engine too - it broke a cambelt but with non interference valves there was absolutely no damage done!

Keith

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alan R said:

Hi Gary,

Cheers, Alan.

I agree with Astra GTE 's not liking bumps and bends . They were quick in a straight line though ! 

Gary . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Sold it after it was stolen and recovered for the third time

Mine was slightly better. Only stolen and recovered twice! Eventually, I sold it. As I said, I still wish I had it.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 2