Spot of the Day Part 3

10 hours ago, Spiny said:

The worrying thing is that my first reaction was "it's been a while since I saw a Polonez" 🥴

You're not alone :)

I think I'd rather have the GTV but both cars are interesting.

I walked past this one this afternoon.

y4myzOu21YwmQq27bzxFb4oKH_CmudPQauDrs-18

I'm not really a fan of modern prestige stuff, but this is the first one I've seen in the wild and there's something quite cool about how well used it looks.

• Like 3

Driving out of Belfast earlier today I got behind a blue Ferrari

It looked like a Ferrari

It sounded like a Ferrari

It said 'Ferrari' on it

It had the prancing horse badge on it

It was about 9 ft wide, each rear tyre was about 3 ft wide

But I didn't know what model of Ferrari it was so I noted the registration plate

I put that registration number into a DVLA search and it showed that it is a . . . . 

White Volkswagen!   :hmmm:

Many years ago a chap in Armagh got caught by HMRC for passing his Ferrari off as a works JCB

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, klubman01 said:

A few minutes later, on re-joining the A14, I saw an L reg, mustard yellow, MGB GT.

Trevor

It's not mustard yellow , it's Harvest Gold . 

How they came up with a name like that, I really don't know . 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Spotted this Citroen SM at Cambridge services at lunchtime today

That usually lives near my daughter in Hackney, very Gallic retro.

Dave

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

86 Oldsmobile Cutlass I see in town, It needs some tlc.

Give it that TLC and some different wheels, and it would look.........................................................like a 1980's Toyota Camry!! :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/14/2020 at 5:13 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

86 Oldsmobile Cutlass I see in town, It needs some tlc.

8f50e0c8-324f-4ef8-a380-f5389f3c0afd.jpg

My dad had the same car. An '86 Cutlass Ciera. Except it only said that on the passenger side. The driver's side said Ciera Cutlass. And just to make sure, it had Oldsmobile on the trunk in three spots. Both corners of the trunk lid and across the reverse light stripe (which was the only place it was supposed to be). Gotta love that mid,-80s GM build quality. After my dad drove my '88 Civic, he never bought another American car.  

Carl

• Haha 4

Saw Vesa's post with the Polonez in it.I

Reminded me of many years ago there was a Polonez main dealer where I lived. I took one out for a test drive, same model and colour as in Vesa's post. It was truly awful to drive with about as much handling as a rice pudding! It was certainly reminiscent of the old Commie days in Poland. A colleague of mine went to Poland on business back in those days and asked his taxi driver now things were in Poland at the time. The taxi driver replied, ' They pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work!'

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Six97s said:

No photos because I was driving, but yesterday a nice looking 1968/69 (G-reg) Cortina GT in green and a two tone PB Cresta. 

Lucky spot on the Cresta, only 4 left on the road. One was for sale near me earlier this year. I did think about it, but passed it up. It's the thought of E10 fuel that stops me buying a classic.

16 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

Saw Vesa's post with the Polonez in it.I

Reminded me of many years ago there was a Polonez main dealer where I lived. I took one out for a test drive, same model and colour as in Vesa's post. It was truly awful to drive with about as much handling as a rice pudding! It was certainly reminiscent of the old Commie days in Poland. A colleague of mine went to Poland on business back in those days and asked his taxi driver now things were in Poland at the time. The taxi driver replied, ' They pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work!'

Ah, the Polonez. Poland's answer to the Chrysler Alpine.