Keith

59 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

And me - pass the bucket!

Say the blokes with wide body minis bearing mad-tuned engines!  Lol

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

What! My MR2! Not the last time I was out in it.🥴

Sorry I got the JDM and mini fanbois mixed up! 🤪

If you’re feeling left out there’s always something like this you could do to “improve” your car: https://www.fastcar.co.uk/fast-car-news/fc-387-666whp-toyota-mr2/

Apart from the dodgy Arctic camo I thought the Supra above was reasonably tasteful.

I think I’ll stick to 1/24 Rocket Bunnies and Liberty Walks, they’re fun but the real things must be a nightmare!

cheers

Will

• Like 1

A work trip into London today yielded the usual exotica (this time some sort of McLaren in grey parked up at the side of the road next to a porsche Macan in a matte bronze wrap). Also a couple of E30 BMW 3 series, a nice cabrio on an H-Plate and a rough saloon on a D. Also saw a 928, again a bit rough though but a while since I saw one of those. And for real rarity value nowadays, I really can't remember when I last saw one of these:

50534543207_5706d219eb_b.jpg

Come to think of it, I can't even remember when I last saw the Kia Pride which it turned into. The Mazda might be boring, but is probably rarer than all the others I saw today. :)

• Like 5

We've had a couple of really nice classics at the garage recently .  Last week a very smart Rover P6B in dark green with tan interior & yesterday a really nice Jaguar E Type Series 2 FHC in Old English White with black interior , running on chrome wires . 

• Like 3

Yesterday afternoon I heard something loud ticking over in the road outside my flat.

y4mslDDybl0Vxw-LyQFmsQqVLFfnap9nKLOtq6SF

Apparently it's a McLaren of some sort.  Apologies for the blurry photo, the light was fading and it's shot through the glass of my living room window.

• Like 1

Well! An MR2 Mk2, or should I say another Mk2 as I don't class mine as "spot of the day"!

Hatfield Broad Oak, parked at the side, red, Rev1 as 'J' reg and 14" wheels. Nice to see one at all, I can drive miles and never see one.

More interesting, but I'd need a much longer look than just driving past - a yellow coloured, well past its best something. Lots of bits missing, but sports car style. I thought it might have been a Jensen Healey but looking a Wikipedia photos, I'm not at all sure. I'd need to revisit, it was sitting in somebody's front yard.

• Like 1

Went up to Sutton Bank with Mrs T for a walk (her old territory around Ripon and Thirsk) and on the way up:

Passed an HST (Class43) power car in Intercity 'Swallow' livery on a lowloader near Wetherby 

Just outside Thirsk passed by a red Morgan with the top down. 

• Like 3

Passed me in traffic whilst I was waiting on t'bus

an emerald green (new type) Ford Mustang on personal number plate

Looking at on-line photos to see which version I believe it was a 2021 model

No camera with me and even if I had it was too dark for a photo

• Like 2

Last night whilst out on my nightly walk, A pale early Ford Anglia.
No pictures as

a) It was dark

b) I had no camera with me.

It wasn't hanging around either...

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

Spotted this afternoon, just round the corner from my Dad's place.

spacer.png

The owner has had it for 38 years, but says that obtaining parts is a bit of a challenge these days!

Trevor

• Like 8

3 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Spotted this afternoon, just round the corner from my Dad's place.

spacer.png

The owner has had it for 38 years, but says that obtaining parts is a bit of a challenge these days!

Trevor

That's lovely, a real rarity. I think most of them rusted away 20 years ago (or more). 

4 hours ago, klubman01 said:

. . . The owner told me that he has another one that is his source of spare parts.

Thats how it all starts.  :rolleyes:

No.1 son started with a couple of spare parts BMWs to keep his on the road

Now he has over 150 of the beasts  :blink:

And a business of breaking them and selling used parts to other owners. A business with premises at 4 locations and 8 staff.

• Like 3

Being transported south on the M11 this afternoon, just south of J11, a pair of red soft top E Types, one on a flatbed truck, the other on a trailer hitched to the truck.  Both looked very nice judging from the brief view I had.  Freshly restored, perhaps?

Trevor

• Like 3

Yesterday, heading in the opposite direction, a cheerful red Fiat 850 coupe obviously someone's very well kept pride & joy on an outing. I've not seen one for years but common enough in my youth, when I had vile dreams of converting one to a mid mounted TOHC something & racing it. Almost ashamed to admit to such youthful lusts now. :(

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

dreams of converting one to a mid mounted TOHC something & racing it.

I remember when there was a fad for putting a Hillman Imp engine + gearbox into motorbike and sidecar racing machines, and they were impressive performers 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

I remember when there was a fad for putting a Hillman Imp engine + gearbox into motorbike and sidecar racing machines, and they were impressive performers 

I imagine big wotsits & a small imagination would have been an advantage with such a concoction. :D

Steve.