Spot of the Day Part 3

Well if I don't get a like from @Procopius for this one then I'm giving up and going home!!!

I had a custard yellow one of these as a temporary vehicle after my normal car got stolen some 30 odd years ago but my love for that was far less than for my work next-door neighbour's son's Ford Fiesta.

Can you guess why PC might like it?

075 076

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Local Morrisons on Saturday morning saw a Standard 10 estate, obviously in th process of being restored looking at the paintwork (replacement panels) and then on Sunday an immaculate G suffix reg Morris 1000 Traveller and a Green Austin with black roof, both in Knaresborough on Sunday. 

• Like 3

Yesterday (Tuesday), on the A153, half way between Sleaford and Grantham, I saw a very nice red early notchback Mustang.  Only got a brief glimpse as I was driving in the opposite direction.  Looked like it had a roll cage, with wider wheels.  A track day car?  Nice, anyway.

Trevor

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

A track day car? 

Could be a proper race car - a lot of historic racers are still road legal and used as they should be! Also used to be a few running in hill climbs a few years back when my son & I were using our Mini - quite a size difference if we parked next to one in the paddock!! 

Nice toy to have!

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

quite a size difference if we parked next to one in the paddock

Quite so! Reminds me of ages ago when Ingliston race course ran. Saloon races were mostly Minis or Anglias, but there was a Mustang, a Galaxy and the Wiggins Teape Camaro. Problem was, if they were front of grid (predictable) then, with the short twisty circuit, there was no way past!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Seen lunchtime today.

A rather tasty (immaculate as far as I could tell) Mustard coloured 'C' plate MGB GT, with Minilite wheels and no bumpers (No apparent attachment points for them either, so it must have been deliberate)

I've always had a soft spot for the MGB GT. A friend of mine had one about 40 years ago. Sadly, he traded it in for a Mk2 Cortina!

Cheers,

Alan

• Like 2

Customer of ours came in today driving a Lagonda

Don't know what model it was called but was made in the 80s

He said he had all the dash converted to dials which was common as none of the digital bits worked even though it was one of the last cars built

Strange shape, not something I would want to own but I guess some people like them

This is model if anyone can't picture it, unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of actual car

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Lagonda

• Like 2

I saw one of those Lagonda's in Riyadh many years ago. It was a horrible green colour!

This afternoon on the A17 Eastbound at Bicker (South of Boston) a Jensen Interceptor in pale yellow.

If you know where the Hunter is parked by the A17 then they now have a red late model FHC E type parked up too.

4 hours ago, cherry268 said:

Customer of ours came in today driving a Lagonda

Don't know what model it was called but was made in the 80s

He said he had all the dash converted to dials which was common as none of the digital bits worked even though it was one of the last cars built

Strange shape, not something I would want to own but I guess some people like them

This is model if anyone can't picture it, unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of actual car

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Lagonda

I really like these. Does that make me a bad person?

Today, just a white Triumph Stag to report, which I've seen quite a bit on warm dry days. Obviously got the cooiling nicely sorted on it.

6 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

^ I think I have only seen 2 of these. Don't know how many they made.

According to the nearest book I had to hand on the subject (A-Z of Cars of the 1980s by Martin Lewis), Aston Martin built 610 wedge shaped Lagondas.

11 hours ago, Spiny said:

I really like these. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes....!! 🤣

Actually I quite like them too - but then I also like the BL Princess....!!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

but then I also like the BL Princess

Aha! Many years ago my employers had one as a pool car. Had it out a few times and, to be honest, quite enjoyed it. Only problem with it was that, as all other pool cars at that time, they'd stuck company logos on the doors; certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, refused to drive it because of that - considered it below their status to drive around in a company "van"!

• Haha 1

Trip to Filey today yielded.... 

A silver Jaguar E Type convertable

A blue and white split screen VW Camper Van

A green MG Midget

A Yellow Caterham 7 (i think) 

All in all a good day! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

In and around Lincoln today, An early E type FHC. Another red one. A white TR3A, a Maroon '70's 911.

And an A reg Toyota. Very straight lines and around Mk4 Cortina size. I can't remember what they were called!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

In and around Lincoln today, An early E type FHC. Another red one. A white TR3A, a Maroon '70's 911.

And an A reg Toyota. Very straight lines and around Mk4 Cortina size. I can't remember what they were called!

Camry. My late boss had one.

• Thanks 1

There were lots of VW Type-2 busses and campers around today.  I was travelling from Scarborough to Stratford-upon-Avon, they weren't all going the same way or in the same place so I assume people were just out enjoying their cars.

• Like 1

Just took the Vitara out for a run for the first time in about 6 weeks and so first spots for ages were three convertibles - first was a beautiful Triumph Vitesse in a very pale ice blue colour on wire wheels. I don't actually like wires very much, but for some reason they really suited this little car. Then a brick red Ford Consul and a more modern E30 series BMW.

Keith

• Like 2

They're sitting on the dashcam somewhere, but I don't really have time tonight to go through the footage. On the way back from work, first (and best) of all was a very nice black G-reg Mk2 Cortina, then about a minute later a very tidy grey Morris Minor Traveller, before finally (and if I'm honest least interestingly) a bright orange Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. There was also a tidy Holden Maloo on the way into work - guess the nice weather was working its magic.

• Like 2