Spot of the Day Part 3

This morning, a Citroën 2CV saloon, converted to hot rod! A long squared off front, like a a Traction Avant, and a chopped roof, which made it a 2 seater, complete with inward sloping rear window on a rounded off rear end. Well, I don't know whether you're able to follow my description, but it looked really cool. A photo would have been nice wouldn't it? 

• Like 2

Sunday, just turning down into Goldhanger, dark and light blue (more blue grey) Wolseley 1500 or Riley 1.5 (no time to see badge, although I'd be tempted to say Wolseley, not sure they would market the Riley in that combination). Looked really neat and tidy.

Reminded me of my younger days when my pal's parents in Kirkcaldy had a 1.5; we got the job of giving it its Ne'er Day wash and brush up - got rid of the hangovers. Also my pal had the honour (!?!) of being one of the first people to hit the Forth Road Bridge on a very icy morning while driving it to Edinburgh - dates it for you!!

At the top side of York , parked up a tidy looking white Lancia HPE . Remember these ? Like an Italian Reliant Scimitar . Also in a front garden in York , a Saab 900 Turbo , again tidy but never seems to move far . 
 Gary . 

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon on the A500 Shavington bypass I saw 2 wedding cars in convoy , a Bentley Mk VI in black over ivory & a Daimler of a similar age in black over silver .  Both looked immaculate & really classy .  Later on I spotted the rear end of an equally smart grey Rover P4 .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Windy37 said:

parked up a tidy looking white Lancia HPE . Remember these ?

Can't remember the last one of those I saw - it might have been the one that I was seriously thinking of buying, but in the end the cigarette burns in the drivers seat put me off! Nice metallic blue that one was. And it must have been all of 30 years ago....

• Like 1

Yesterday (Thursday) in Church Road, Boreham, crossing the river, lovely red E-Type Coupe, '65 reg. As I was on foot, picked up the glorious sound as it accelerated away. I think it had a trade plate on the rear.

• Like 2

Coming into to Shrewsbury this afternoon and was behind an immaculate 'M' prefix Metro in British Racing Green. Best one I have seen in  long, long time as most seem to have rusted through. 

On the A52 just outside Nottingham yesterday morning. A Range Rover in olive green with a W plate reg in pretty much mint condition.

Nice to see a proper 'Rangey' with room in the back for the guns AND the dogs, and not one of the recent shopping versions.

• Like 3

Went to Canberra for a quick visit to ScaleACT yesterday (great show, BTW). Came home via Goulburn, Crookwell and the Abercrombie Gorge to Blayney - one of my most favourite drives. Between Crookwell and Trunkey Creek I had the great pleasure of following three Porsche 356s - two coupes and a roadster. All three in white and in beautiful condition. No pics, unfortunately, as I was driving alone, and by the time I'd got the camera ready they would have been gone.

• Like 1

On A64 on way back from Scarborough this afty.... a Chevrolet Bel Air in a strange pearly, grey pink colour. Was all shiny with lots of chrome. Mrs fatfingers thought i said it was a Chevy bell end! 🙄

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 4

On way back from Shrewsbury and Telford yesterday, the sun bought out some interesting vehicles. On the A5 was a red 'D' reg Triumph Tr4A with top down, a 'Y' reg beige Capri (a real period  colour) and northbound on the M1 near Chesterfield a green vintage Bentley, shortish wheelbase and a lot of engine noise and racing wing screens. The driver was well wrapped up! 

• Like 3