Spot of the Day Part 3

Spotted this lunchtime in Chippenham,

A rather tidy looking Austin Seven Saloon (Ruby?) and the tail end of a Mark One Capri disappearing of towards Bath.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

If anyone is around Wirral tomorrow there’s a classic car show going on. This is a list of those expected to attend

http://www.wirralclassiccarclub.co.uk/downloads/Gordale Classic Car Show Entrants 2019.pdf

and when I was in Gordale Garden Centre this morning (see the grump thread for the Christmas trees) I spotted a few of the advance guard

48768244363_c1ecfdab9d_b.jpg

48768576511_d0b0081d42_b.jpg

Although I didn’t have time for a photo there was a rather nice blue BSA motorcycle nearby too.

Trevor

• Like 5

Some sort of black 50’s Jaguar coupe turning into the gathering at Gordale I mentioned yesterday. Doesn’t match any on that list I posted.

Also five minutes later, a nice G reg Sierra Sapphire in a metallic pale blue.

Trevor

• Like 1

Yesterday evening; going through Dungannon, Co. Tyrone ~ a customised motortrike with its own mini Aero Caravan on the rear. It was going in the opposite direction in fast flowing traffic so I only got a short look at it, but it was very, very nicey indeedy

I had to look this one up as I got home just now, but what I saw was a Porsche 356 SC in light blue metallic.... wow that was a beauty. 

And this morning, an old model Mini, in mint condition, with a little trailer behind it, made from the bottom part of the rear half of another Mini. In the same colour, same striping and everything. Looked rather cool. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today, somewhere North of Harrow and about to join the M1, a 1971 Mustang in something close to Taxi yellow.

It sounded nice as he passed going South but the smell of burnt oil lingered a bit as I was waiting at traffic lights.

• Like 2

Out in Mid Wales spectating on Rally GB at the weekend and spotted this modern classic . Audi Coupe , a Quattro as well . 

Gary . 48860461943_02a087d23c_c_d.jpg

Edited by Windy37
Re posted by mistake !

33 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's lovely! Shows how out of touch I've become with my favourite motorsport though, I had no idea it was Rally GB last weekend!!

Keith

Sadly the WRC doesn’t get the publicity of F1 . But the amount of people out in Wales this weekend shows it is a very popular sport . And you can get up close to the action . 

Gary . 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Sadly the WRC doesn’t get the publicity of F1 . But the amount of people out in Wales this weekend shows it is a very popular sport . And you can get up close to the action . 

Gary . 

I watched and/or marshalled on about 15 'Rally GB's' when it was still the RAC rally, as well as many club road and stage rallies - competed on quite a few of the latter too, back in my yoof! For some reason though I started losing interest after the introduction  of world rally cars and have only been out to watch one tarmac rally on the Epynt ranges in the last 10 years - & that was only because my son dragged me out to go with him! My only real interest in rallying these days is in historics (must be because I'm a grumpy old git!) and Irish tarmac events.

Keith

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, keefr22 said:

I watched and/or marshalled on about 15 'Rally GB's' when it was still the RAC rally, as well as many club road and stage rallies - competed on quite a few of the latter too, back in my yoof! For some reason though I started losing interest after the introduction  of world rally cars and have only been out to watch one tarmac rally on the Epynt ranges in the last 10 years - & that was only because my son dragged me out to go with him! My only real interest in rallying these days is in historics (must be because I'm a grumpy old git!) and Irish tarmac events.

Keith

Ditto - Started marshalling in 1986 and was out every other weekend it seems, but as time has marched on, I have done less and less until now it's out to do a couple of controls on Classic Car runs per year

Don't miss the RAC/Network Q/WRGB now - Was much more fun charging round with your mates between marshalling points when the rally covered half the country and not just a little bit of Wales.

Have even held back on competing these days, normally navigate 3-4 times a year in a Mk2 as opposed to doing the full local championships - At Donington this weekend for the 60th Dukeries Rally so not able to be a bad influence on my mate Ed at the Southwell show the same day.

Oh! Almost forgot - Rover 820 Hatchback in my village this morning.

IanJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonhoff said:

At Donington this weekend for the 60th Dukeries Rally so not able to be a bad influence on my mate Ed at the Southwell show the same day.

IanJ

I assume you're in car 66 with Graham Phillpott .  What engine's in the car ?  The entry list gives a capacity of 1988 , which isn't something ringing any bells .

Don't miss the RAC/Network Q/WRGB now - Was much more fun charging round with your mates between marshalling points when the rally covered half the country and not just a little bit of Wales.

Absolutely!! 5 days with about 5 hours sleep in the car!! :rofl2:

K

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

I assume you're in car 66 with Graham Phillpott .  What engine's in the car ?  The entry list gives a capacity of 1988 , which isn't something ringing any bells .

It's a 2 Litre Zetec that started life in a Focus ST170 - Now drysumped and fitted with carbs and programmable ignition, 5 speed box and Baby Atlas axle.

Incidentally, Graham won the 1600cc class 25 years ago on the Dukeries, in the same car, fitted with an all steel X-Flow engine.

IanJ

• Like 1

It's a 2 Litre Zetec that started life in a Focus ST170 - Now drysumped and fitted with carbs and programmable ignition, 5 speed box and Baby Atlas axle.

Incidentally, Graham won the 1600cc class 25 years ago on the Dukeries, in the same car, fitted with an all steel X-Flow engine.

IanJ

That should do the job . Presumably unarched if it's running a Baby Atlas . 

• Like 1