Spot of the Day Part 3

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

A Volvo 780 coupe. I can't remember having seen one before. 

Limited number and all LHD.

There was a nice one on ebay a few years back, and I was tempted.

Problem with that and the Mk1 C70 was Volvo let the Italians play with the design/styling, and the result was less than helpful. Pretty cars, but not Volvo's best.

So did I. Quite like it. I guessed it was a Bertone design. It has a hint of BMW 635 in it too.

Today the task was to deliver beer from Lincoln to Darlington, (Pub called Number 22) then go on and pick up beer from four different breweries and bring it back.

On the way North up the A1, I saw the front end of a Gazelle being towed on a trailer heading South.

Later as I was heading South I caught up with a wide load convoy. A Lynx (grey, Navy for the use of) on one low loader and a red/white Gazelle on the other.

So not cars, but worth a mention I thought. There was a car worth a mention but I've forgotten what it was. (I blame a long, eleven hour day!)

• Like 4

Yesterday, gleaming white MGB roadster (think I've seen this one before a couple of times) and then one I definitely haven't seen before, a beautiful little Ford 100E Popular in what I think Ford call Willow Green - followed it for a couple of miles and from the back it looked to be a mild custom, lowered slightly and on wider wheels - and moving along very nicely! Gorgeous little thing! Reg. mark was a bit ironic though given the gorgeous day it was here yesterday - WET 607!

• Like 2

Fruitful run back from Worcester this morning.

Mk 1 Cortina in Goodwood Green M42

Mk 2 Cortina estate in black M6

Mk 3 XR3I in black M6

Bentley S1 saloon in grey and black A14

Triumph Vitesse ragtop in dark grey A14

Austin Ruby ragtop in maroon A1156

• Like 3

Earlier this evening Northbound into Lincoln, a red TR4 (A reg) on steel wheels with hubcaps!

And later Southbound into Lincoln on the A15 a C reg Healey 3000 in old English white.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Fruitful run back from Worcester this morning.

Mk 1 Cortina in Goodwood Green M42

Mk 2 Cortina estate in black M6

Mk 3 XR3I in black M6

Bentley S1 saloon in grey and black A14

Triumph Vitesse ragtop in dark grey A14

Austin Ruby ragtop in maroon A1156

Don't they all look so small against what is considered to be a small modern city hatchback 😞

• Like 1

Quite a week . On Tuesday I was taking SWMBO to hospital for another  operation ( this one went well, makes a change) doing 60 on a dual C/way . In the mirror saw this "old" car . OO a Carlton, no Cavalier, no deffo a Carlton ,funny front .. Noooo ,can't be a .. It is . A Lotus Carlton ,BRG ,mint G reg.  Look at that ! SWMBO not bothered going for an op . Fair cop .

On the way back from dropping SWMBO off to the Surgeons Scalpel ( 10A ? ) at the Krankenhaus decided to take the scenic route , got a new BMW 220i Grandtourer Sport and needs a workout. Turning back towards Summer Leighton , the home of Sir Christopher Cockrell ( Hovercraft inventor ) WHATS THAT ?

Holden Maloo which is an Acid House pick up or as the they call them under there, Ute's . A pick up ...6.2-litre V8 with 537bhp . flip up bed cover in a metallic Blue. If you like the Chevy El Camino ,you'll love this thing . Want one !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Quite a week . On Tuesday I was taking SWMBO to hospital for another  operation ( this one went well, makes a change) doing 60 on a dual C/way . In the mirror saw this "old" car . OO a Carlton, no Cavalier, no deffo a Carlton ,funny front .. Noooo ,can't be a .. It is . A Lotus Carlton ,BRG ,mint G reg.  Look at that ! SWMBO not bothered going for an op . Fair cop .

On the way back from dropping SWMBO off to the Surgeons Scalpel ( 10A ? ) at the Krankenhaus decided to take the scenic route , got a new BMW 220i Grandtourer Sport and needs a workout. Turning back towards Summer Leighton , the home of Sir Christopher Cockrell ( Hovercraft inventor ) WHATS THAT ?

Holden Maloo which is an Acid House pick up or as the they call them under there, Ute's . A pick up ...6.2-litre V8 with 537bhp . flip up bed cover in a metallic Blue. If you like the Chevy El Camino ,you'll love this thing . Want one !

Sorry, you can't have one! GM stopped making real Holdens a couple of years ago (thanks, Tony ...) and the Malloo is a thing of history. There are still lots on the road here, but they're getting to be collectors' items.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

59 El Camino

Oh yes said the dog .

Well the Maloo is for sale on a second hand pitch in the Norfolk bondoo at St Olaves /Haddiscoe .

• Like 1

Quite a few today on the way to and from the IPMS Avon show, but so cream crackered the only ones I can remember were a lovely red TR6, gleaming red BMW 1602 and a garish metallic blue with chrome wheelarches classic Mini on a trailer....

Early this afternoon as I joined the A46 on the North side of Leicester I saw a small green boat tailed car, something like an MGTD.

I only caught a quick look as I overtook but I think it had cycle mudguards. Could be an MG period modification?

Not long later what looked like an AC Aceca in off white was heading Southwards.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

AC Aceca

Could that MGTD thing be an Allard K1 , Allard also had an Aceca lookalike (ish and from a distance !) called the Palm Beach . Bit weird ? Shall I get my coat ?

Might have been an Allard owners club show somewhere, then again probably wasn't !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Early this afternoon as I joined the A46 on the North side of Leicester I saw a small green boat tailed car, something like an MGTD.

I only caught a quick look as I overtook but I think it had cycle mudguards. Could be an MG period modification?

My mind ventures to ask; presumably you mean the tail end was like the pointy end of a boat.

The shape of it can determine what it might be

eg,

1. was the top and bottom just about level with each other with gentle curves down and up? aka an 'Ulster'

2. was the top level and bottom curved up to meet it? aka a 'duck tail'

3. was the bottom level and the top curved down? aka an 'International' tail

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Saw a mint blue Reliant Regal today!

Mint ? And theres you with an avatar like the Fox's logo !

Thought this thread was about cars anyway !

• Haha 3