F4U-1a Corsair 18 'Brat III' 1/32

Wow! Nice-looking Corsair! I was impressed that you depicted the paint scoured off of the back of the prop blades, which was so prevalent on the coral-surfaced airstrips, but to take this puppy up another notch, I would scuff up the front face of the prop blades a little, unless his line chief had just replaced it! @Corsairfoxfouruncle is going to go nuts when he sees this one! Well done!

Mike

• Like 1

Not just Corsairfoxfouruncle. The F4U is also my favourite WW2 fighter and that's my favourite Corsair scheme. Agree with 72modeller re the prop. The back face on a propeller is always more weathered than the front a fact often missed by modellers. If you are going to take his advice I'd just lightly dust the front and scuff the leading edges lightly like you've done with the wings. 

I like it as it is though. Great job. 

• Like 1

Hello Gents...

So another congratulations from a Corsair enthusiast !!

Agreed with my cousin too about the prop !

Pristine work !! :partytime:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice comments all :)

As for the prop, I tried to stay true to my reference which showed light wear on the front. I did scuff it up a bit which didn’t come through in the photos very well.

That said, I agree that I may have left the front too clean. Thank you all for the great feedback!