New member from Texas!

Gary Brantley

Hello from deep in the heart of Texas!  I live in Cameron, Texas, and I've been building scale models for many years and have posted on numerous scale modeling forums, often as "Texgunner".  My primary focus has been aircraft but I have dabbled in a couple tank builds as well over the years.  I am retired from 17 years as a Junior High School History teacher and prior to that I was a residential/commercial painter, and for 13 years I was a sheet-metal mechanic/tinsmith.    Currently, I'm trying to climb out of a three year model building slump.   Tanks have always fascinated me and now I'm feeling somewhat inspired to add a few more to my finished collection.  I need to strike while the iron is hot!   Thanks for having me here and I hope I can learn much and contribute some too!  

Best regards, Gary Brantley

Hi Gary, welcome to BM.

I did wonder what happened to you – we met on Scalemates a few years ago.

I've also been in a tank mood recently and just posted the pics of my first only a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit, so my aircraft kits are going have to stay un-built for a bit longer.

Is your workshop still as chaotic as it was?

Gorby

• Like 1

Hi Gorby!  Sure, I remember you from Scalemates.  I hope you're well and everything's going great in your world.  I have been in serious slump but hopefully that will soon change.  I have bought several new tank models recently and that should be motivation enough.   My workshop is much the same, just a bit rearranged since you last saw it.   Thanks for the warm welcome Gorby! 😀

Hello Gary... :post1: from Chicago. There is a Patton tank build going on currently. A Tiger tank build will be starting soon down in the group build area. You might find the group builds camaraderie good for the mojo thing. If nothing else the chat alone may be worth visiting. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome Dennis!  I will sure look into those builds because one of my recent buys is the Tamiya Tiger I.   That Tiger stuff should be really helpful for me.  Thanks again for the welcome, and the tips!

Gary

• Like 1