A10 - with Warthog tusks - Finished

neil5208

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Good job you did take the trouble to repaint, it does look more like the original.

I couldn't ignore the way the middle stone looked green, completely ruined the scheme.

Couldn't resist starting the decals last night, been waiting to get the warthog tusks on since I starting painting.

45e7575c-9350-45a4-b4de-285c16b7c752.JPG

Always surprising how a few decals can change the look so quickly.

• Like 4

Looking good especially after the repaint. Yes certain decals do bring a model to life.

As an aside I have never seen the Flipper scheme on the Phantom before, only on the A-10. Looks nice though.

• Like 2

I have got most of the decals on, just the tiny "No step", lifting point markers and pylon warnings to go on but I will use the kit decals as they are printed better. The HiDecal one have gone on fairly well but have more carrier film than needed.

eff98979-d851-48a4-bbbb-b3622cb042f0.JPG

8b4b6320-7517-4773-bd9d-3f9dc301e4a3.JPG

84df14ff-893d-4915-94f3-486285991f0f.JPG

• Like 7

Small update, done some work on the ordnance fit last night. Using the kits MK20's and an Airfix AIM9L as the kits sidewinder looks a bit over scale.

dd3871bd-2b13-447e-a8a7-868bc94729cb.JPG

Tonight will be undercarriage and the soldering of the minuscule brass barrels set.

• Like 3

Looking very good, especially with all the weapons fitted. You cannot have an A-10 without weapons, no matter how many pictures do actually show this. It just does not look right.

• Like 2

Very nice!

Where I live I get the chance to see Maryland Air Guard A-10s flying over the house with some frequency...but in much more muted colors. The engines have a sort of high-pitched whistling sound it's easy to recognize.

Beautiful work!

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

Great outcome :clap2:. A pity about the silvering on some of the decals. Did you apply them over a gloss finish?

Cheers, Peter

Yes, usaul coat of Future but seems the Hidecal markings are a bit hit or miss.