1 year modelling Spitfire Comparisons

Hey all,

Just a quick one from me, I started modelling a year or so ago with the Airfix Starer set. I had no kit, only what was in the box. My first attempt is attached!

Roll on 1 year, I have bought some basic equipment including a basic spray gun, and practiced with about 4 builds.

I took a lot of time over my most recent build, the Supermarine Seafire - It is no where near 99% of the models on here, but for me it shows with some practice and basic equipment, how one can progress.

Pics in post below.

Edited by Backfrom86
Change Pictures
  • Like 3

Welcome to Britmodeller and I'm glad to hear that you're making progress. However, no pics are showing for me.

Here's a comprehensive guide to how to post pictures:

Good luck!

• Like 1

Excellent progression in a year. Well done!

You clearly have the ability to develop your skills and learn from what you've done.  Keep your first model, it will always have a special place in your heart.

BTW, I suggest you edit your original post to remove the duff pictures and refer people down the page. The grey rectangles don't encourage a reader to carry on, which would be a shame.

Edited by 3DStewart
  • Like 3

Welcome. Two really nice models, well done. You clearly have the modelling "skill gene", but be warned, this is a very obsessive Hobby!

Terry

Thanks for the kind words all! Much appreciated.

The Spit is brush painted, the Seafire is airbrushed with my new friend 'Mr Colour Levelling thinner' - This made a huge difference to my spray ability. Took a lot of time to begin to even have a basic grasp of using the airbrush.

Red arrow or Mk 4 Mustung is my next decision!

19 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Love how much progress you've made between the Spitfire I and the Seafire Mk 46 (?).

Looks like a Mk.XVII - 4-bladed prop vs the contra-prop unit on the Mk.46. And it has the classic elliptical wings compared to the modified wing tip shape of the Spit 21/22/24 & Seafire 45/46/47 series aircraft

Edited by VMA131Marine

Very well done indeed :goodjob: - if you've this far in just one year, I'm really looking forward to seeing how far you've progressed next year! :winkgrin:

And - as others have said - keep the first one and display it with pride - it's Genesis! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

That's a great progression which will only continue .Superb Seafire by the way and try and get more light on the photo's perhap's

outside as some do😄

That is quite the progression in a year isn’t it? However your first build is nothing to be ashamed of, I wish my first builds were as good. Anyway the Seafire certainly looks the part, well finished too! Please keep posting you work, I’d love to see where you are in a year’s time.