1/144 - Airbus A320 neo & A321 neo by Revell - A320 neo & A321 neo released

Homebee

Revell is to release 1/144th new tool Airbus kits

- ref. 03942 - Airbus A320 neo Lufthansa New Livery 
- ref. 04952 - Airbus A321 neo

Sprues on display at Shizuoka 2019

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/tetramodel/photos/a.2474802349220072/2475722535794720/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/hobbyland.osaka/photos/a.2253464838073537/2253472751406079/?type=3&theater

59795310.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

now, whats really intersting, everything on this kit seems to be prepared for a landing gear, all gear doors and wheelwells molded.

6 hours ago, RCI said:

now, whats really intersting, everything on this kit seems to be prepared for a landing gear, all gear doors and wheelwells molded.

Yes indeed, wasn't the initial announcement a landing gear free kit? Maybe they've had a rethink and will now offer the gear too.

Jeff

one of these new "Neo" kits will come w/o ldg gear as a level 2 kit, the other one with ldg gear as a level 3 kit, these features will be interchanged in later boxings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Yes indeed, wasn't the initial announcement a landing gear free kit? Maybe they've had a rethink and will now offer the gear too.

Jeff

exactly. But at least what they do now, just makes sense for them. They designed it in a way, that a landing gear requires a seperate sprue, you could probably use on the A321 as well ( allthough the 321 tyres are bigger), but i think revell doesnt care haha. Anyway, personally i think their idea of this design is not so bad, at least aftermarket can add a landing gear and they can reissue the kit with it once in a while...

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, RCI said:

exactly. But at least what they do now, just makes sense for them. They designed it in a way, that a landing gear requires a seperate sprue, you could probably use on the A321 as well ( allthough the 321 tyres are bigger), but i think revell doesnt care haha. Anyway, personally i think their idea of this design is not so bad, at least aftermarket can add a landing gear and they can reissue the kit with it once in a while...

Well, I wouldn't buy it at all if it didn't have landing gear and, I'm not inclined to fork out extra money for parts that should be included in the kit. Producing a kit in versions with and without u/c parts seems a bit redundant to me. Why not just produce one proper all inclusive kit and put a stand in the box for those that want the flying option?

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

It does seem strange to design a "normal" injection moulded kit with accurate detail, moulded flight deck and presumably fine recessed panel lines to then treat it as a desk top display model to be plonked on a stand. I have a couple of Gemini jets and they are severely lacking in detail and designed to be stand mounted but they have u/c included.

Anyway let's hope Revell see sense and includes the gear on all releases of the NEO kit.

Jeff 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

It does seem strange to design a "normal" injection moulded kit with accurate detail, moulded flight deck and presumably fine recessed panel lines to then treat it as a desk top display model to be plonked on a stand. I have a couple of Gemini jets and they are severely lacking in detail and designed to be stand mounted but they have u/c included.

Anyway let's hope Revell see sense and includes the gear on all releases of the NEO kit.

Jeff 

Have to agree with you there Jeff. I have a feeling that only providing a stand mounted option might seriously reduce sales.

Allan

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, Turbofan said:

And why have a flight deck, clear windscreen, in-flight configuration with no flight crew? Revell aren't the only ones who do this.

Cheers,

Ian

If the decal sheet provides a decal for the windscreen, then your problem is solved. Or, just paint the windscreen over. To my knowledge there hasn't been an airliner kit yet that included crew figures.

Allan

Why would it be a dark plastic when most are painted white? I guess it cut's down on sunlight going through. on a side note, are there any 1/144 figures of any kind?

• Like 1

For the figures search on eBay. There's usually a load of white figures being knocked out from places in China. If there's none specifically listed as 1/144 try searching British n gauge as this is 1/148. And Preiser has a load of figures too. 

Jeff 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Why would it be a dark plastic when most are painted white? I guess it cut's down on sunlight going through. on a side note, are there any 1/144 figures of any kind?

These are test shots. Production kits will most likely be white or light grey plastic.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jeff and Allan,

I know there are n gauge figures and decals available but I do find it strange that a flight deck is included but no crew. To me it's like including landing gear but no tyres! It just doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Ian

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

oh dear.. 🤦‍♂️

not that i expected a perfect kit, but cockpit windows completely missed, no apu intake, and no landing gear. i dont understand their new way of doing things.

• Like 2

mmmh...

The decals look good with registrations for 5 aircraft (designed by Daco, so they should be good!). Cabin windows appear quite big and the flight deck cap seems quite thick. I'll have to get one to see it better. Wonder will the Zvezda NEO be this or their new tool?

Jeff 

11 hours ago, RCI said:

oh dear.. 🤦‍♂️

not that i expected a perfect kit, but cockpit windows completely missed, no apu intake, and no landing gear. i dont understand their new way of doing things.

Clear cockpit windows, detailed cockpit interior, no undercarriage therefore can only be modelled inflight but no flight crew, why?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1