Handley Page Victor B.Mk.2 - Airfix 1/72

The model was built straight from the box, except for pitot tubes which are made with Albion alloy tubes.

I airbrushed a first coat of Alclad Primer, then a soft preshading and different coats of white. All colours are Gunze expect metallic parts

After decals and a coat of clear I did a washing for panel lines, and some filters for weathering with oil colours.

The white camouflage was more difficult than I thought! The results is a little bit “orange skin”

Decals are from XTradecals sheet

Before take photos I forgot to remove the masking tape from underside cockpit windows..... 😞 

sorry for the background.....

HryjlY.jpg

zUYB2n.jpg

c17FN6.jpg

GTYPSK.jpg

4aKbMc.jpg

ThxGdu.jpg

gUaxKP.jpg

• Like 29

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful Victor ! :thumbsup: ... I know im going to get smacked for this. I think these are the best looking of the “V” bombers. There i said it now its time to go take cover. 

Brave talk! I think all of the V-bombers had their own forms of beauty but I do think that the Victor had the most interesting and charismatic shape - It always reminds me of 50's sci fi movies.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful Victor ! :thumbsup: ... I know im going to get smacked for this. I think these are the best looking of the “V” bombers. There i said it now its time to go take cover. 

I'm with you.  I love all the V Bombers but I think the Victor is the most 'space-age' looking of the three so gets my vote.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2019 at 6:03 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Smack!

Vulcan.

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 09/05/2019 at 18:03, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Completely agree. Although having worked on the Victor for 3 years before her retirement, at the airfield the Vulcan practiced over every lunchtime in the summer I might be biased. 

Best looking, best sounding and best performing of the V-bombers. She was the most versatile and longest flying in active service, and nothing else comes close. 😉

• Like 2

On 09/05/2019 at 23:19, Baldy said:

Brave talk! I think all of the V-bombers had their own forms of beauty but I do think that the Victor had the most interesting and charismatic shape - It always reminds me of 50's sci fi movies.

Cheers

Malcolm

Another member of  team Victor here! I've been pondering my next kit and I may be leaning this way now.

Lovely model Ivan, does the kit go together well? I'm an assembler and a modeller but I'm not a sculptor or a plasterer so I try and avoid anything that needs a lot of filling. 

Absolutely stunning result.

Very, very well done!

😍😍😍

I’ve also got a Victor in the stash - a Revell K2 Tanker rebox of Matchbox - but after seeing the raised panel lines and the fact it’s a filler queen means I’ve yet to work up the courage to tackle it🤯

Edited by Brigbeale
  • Like 1