Recycled...

AaronKSJ

While I was looking at pictures of P-38's a few day ago, came across a picture that gave me a silly idea. 

I'm terrible at scratch building / modifying parts - mainly as I've never tried it. So thought this would be a mini fun project to try. 

I still need to have a rummage around in the spares box to see if I can source some bits.

But here's a teaser glimpse at the reference picture in question...

mt7SXXoXfI8BWBjzGmva7d5jqDSVawBYid17PMCJ

I also have something more substantial for this GB, will get a thread going once I've taken a picture of the box and plastic .

Aaron

• Like 3

On 09/05/2019 at 16:21, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Awesome idea ... and relatively simple

Famous last words! But yes, should be something fun and small to practice a bit of scratch building with and it if it goes totally wrong it's not like I'll have messed up a kit. 

On 09/05/2019 at 13:35, Basilisk said:

great to see something different

Thanks! 

Yesterday picked up a pack of assorted evergreen card. Never used the stuff before so will be interesting to have a play. 

X3EO768Y15viUVJk7kdBLVkxv31y-wfO3btgaFVc

I'll have a to have a look at youtube for some guidance, as I want to see if it's possible to use heat to be able to bend small bits of it into shape (for the mudflaps) 

I still need to actually find some suitable wheels too...

Aaron

• Like 1

There is a first time for everything and you will find lots of uses for this stuff in no time!

Best to use a item with a slightly smaller radius than you need as a template, rap the strip around it and emerge it in hot water. Then hold it under running cold water and it should hold the curvature.

But you right, Youtube is a great place to find tutorials on this kind of stuff.

Cheers, Peter