Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

andyf117

• andyf117 changed the title to Harry's Big Chopper, and an American Bird!

welcome along/back again with a very nice choice. Im sure they took out a few Durkadurkastan tanks in their travels! :D

the choppers have been a bit light in this GB so it's nice to see a coupe more. Maybe I should have built my AH-1Z instead of the Skyknight......would have been an easier build!

Good luck with these, will be nicety see the built.

• andyf117 changed the title to Harry's Big Chopper (now separated from an American Bird)

Seperated already they've only just had the sprog, 😁, still I like your sheepskin seat method, in 48th I use either very rough sand paper or some sponge cut very thin. 

On my faux aew. 2 I stippled some vallejo plastic putty on the seat, yours look better

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, andyf117 said:

These kits are extremely well-engineered, with almost perfect fit all around so far - as evidenced by the below photos, which show the engine pods in position, but not yet glued in place, simply push-fitted for now - as with the sensor area at the front of the nose, I'm painting recesses and hard-to-get-at spots first.

That’s what I want to say about the kit engineering! I haven’t had any Academy model for years, but looks like it’s a joy to build these kits.

Nice progress so far! :like:

• Thanks 1