Spitfire Mk22 [Special Hobby 1/72]

Nobody present this finest WWII fighter.

It exist in several version starting with the MkI and ending with the Mk24.

At 1/72 scale, Special has a large line of Spitfire and his naval counterpart the Seafire with the Griffon engine.

If I already the Mk47 naval version, this time I choose the Mk22 "high tech" box.

boxart.jpg

Because I find the artbox beautifull, I choose the artbox version but the modeller has the choice of 5 more decoration. One in the ocean grey/dark green and 4 in aluminium scheme

The kit contain exhaust resin pipe, resine wheels and a photoetched.

But the instruction give no indication of how and when you use the photoetched parts. You have only indication for the dashbord.

You find your salvage in the instruction of the photoetched for the Mk21 that it is the same

https://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/spitfire-mk-21-seafire-mk-45-pe/

I start with the interior

I use the photoetched seat. It is not difficult to built. I try to add the harness but during the gluing process I loose my patient and throw away the parts.

Finally I rebuild these with tamya tape

I didn't use the photoetched instrument panels and prefere to paint the plastic part. This part is very fine and need only a dry brush for reveal these details

_DSC1604.jpg

Next step I paint the interior fuselage. I use the classical interior green. I paint some instrument in black and applic a dry brush on it

_DSC1596.jpg

_DSC1600.jpg

I can assemble the fuselage and "attack" wings

Nothing to talk for the wing but don't forget to paint the place of the cockpit in green

_DSC1594.jpg

Now this is the time to add the fuselage at wings

The fuselage is little thick and you must sand the karman junction until you can insert the fuselage in the wing

But after session of "sand and try" the spitfire come to take form

_DSC1678.jpg

_DSC1679.jpg

_DSC1681.jpg

• Like 10

• 5 months later...