Aero commander 680, Comet 1/81

4 hours ago, Moa said:

The reference (is that's a cultural reference) is lost on me.

Sorry Moa, It's Dodgson instead of Dawson !!

CC

C, I think there is something odd about the stance of the landing gear on the Questor airplane.  The airplane sat dead level normally, it would stay on the runway until you got to Chile without a pretty good rotation, and sat very close to the ground.  Here's a front view from a brochure I've had since about 1957.  And an interior drawing, though you are well past that. Most often the two aft seats were replaced by full width 3 place seat.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

C, I think there is something odd about the stance of the landing gear on the Questor airplane.  The airplane sat dead level normally, it would stay on the runway until you got to Chile without a pretty good rotation, and sat very close to the ground.  Here's a front view from a brochure I've had since about 1957.  And an interior drawing, though you are well past that. Most often the two aft seats were replaced by full width 3 place seat.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I see with joy John that you belong to the "References After the Facto" school of modeling, my dear friend.

Your information is going to be very useful in another 100 years when another modeler tackles this kit.

My gratitude knows no boundaries.

(nice drawings!)

Cheers

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Courageous said:

Looks like 'All systems GO!' On your builds Moa, welcome back.

Stuart

2 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Yep, good to see you back and raring to go.🙂 I am back in my seat after the intermission but a bit disappointed.....no ice cream.😒

:elephant::pilot:

Just need a little time to put things in order before I am allowed on the building board.

And also have to pay bills (worse no doubt than getting no ice-cream)

Cheers

• Like 1

IMG_4364+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Decal application begins:

IMG_4365+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Other details like anti-glare panel, props, wire antenna, Pitots, lights, exhausts, nav lights, etc., are added:

IMG_4367+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Tomorrow hopefully when all is dry I can take some photos:

IMG_4369+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The decals behaved very well. I just added the black anti-icing booths from spares.

• Like 9