This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
spruecutter96

IPMS Coventry / Midland Air Museum Model Show 23/6/19

Just finished packing (lot) of boxes lookout for the yellow horseshoe (IPMS Rutland)

I had a decent day out at this show today.

Many thanks to the Coventry & Warks club for organising it.

having it in a museum - like Cosford - adds a great deal to the show, especially when part fo the museum is devoted to Frank Whittle and has one of his original jety engines on display.

Not that that has anything to do with my having a clear prop Gloster E28/39 modfel with an impressive  - ahem - resin whittle engine to build .......-_-

A productive set of purchases, too - decent prices and a surprise, nay almost a bonus buy ! .....................  details in chat - what have yu been gifted/bought?

Had an interesting chat with Mr Regan of IPMS, about Tlford - the difficulties they face, and how thy try to deal with them.

I'm sure nmost people here will already know about them and don't need me to repeat them.

Lots of impressive models on display, I wonder if any of the ones I was particularly taken with won prizes?

Thanks again chaps!

Good show,some great stuff to look at.Many thanks to organisers.

Dave.

13 hours ago, Whofan said:

I had a decent day out at this show today.

Many thanks to the Coventry & Warks club for organising it.

having it in a museum - like Cosford - adds a great deal to the show, especially when part fo the museum is devoted to Frank Whittle and has one of his original jety engines on display.

Not that that has anything to do with my having a clear prop Gloster E28/39 modfel with an impressive  - ahem - resin whittle engine to build .......-_-

A productive set of purchases, too - decent prices and a surprise, nay almost a bonus buy ! .....................  details in chat - what have yu been gifted/bought?

Had an interesting chat with Mr Regan of IPMS, about Tlford - the difficulties they face, and how thy try to deal with them.

I'm sure nmost people here will already know about them and don't need me to repeat them.

Lots of impressive models on display, I wonder if any of the ones I was particularly taken with won prizes?

Thanks again chaps!

Well, I have no idea what problems are ahead for the Telford Nationals, so please let us less informed folks know...

Cheers.

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

Many thanks to IPMS Coventry and Barry / the Museum staff for putting on a great show, once more. 

As previously stated, there were loads of great models on display and there were more "under the table" goodies than you see at three smaller shows. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

26 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Well, I have no idea what problems are ahead for the Telford Nationals, so please let us less informed folks know...

Cheers.

Chris.  

Chris,

I think you've misunderstood or I didn't make myself very clear.

We touched on it being at Telford compared to other venues, which won't surprise you to know it won't be moving voluntarily from Telford as they have a very good rapport with the venue, and I mentioned how much better it was last year for public entrance, which is a perennial complaint (queueing).

I also mentioned the layout, and he said IPMS believed they had the best layout they could have in terms of space around trade stands and room requested by clubs for their tables.

Personally, having been now to 6 shows at Telford, I think they are doing the best they can to react to problems that arise on the day, given they are all volunteers, working with a venue that has its own legal responsibilities  and I made the point that I enjoy the show.

There are no problems known for this November.

enjoyed the day.  The surprise low passes by the Spitfire in the afternoon was good.  Lots of bargains under the tables and I managed to clear the few kits i took (and promptly brought new kits with the proceedings).  I thought getting out was going to be a nightmare as I was parked near the Vulcan but I breezed out in less than a minute at 4pm.  Thanks to the organisers.