1/48 Su-34 Fullback - Kitty Hawk or Hobbyboss?

Baldy

Now the dust has settled a bit and both Kitty Hawk and Hobbyboss Fullback kits are available, which is the best bet - Hobbyboss with the CWS nose/tail corrections or the Kitty Hawk kit?

Having built a KH Su-17 and am battling to backdate/correct a 1/32 KH F-5E, I have a distinct aversion to their kits which are, at best, non-user friendly. I do know however that the HB Su-34 has been slated badly regarding shape issues.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Malcolm

I don’t have either kit but have been close to buying one on a few occasions, don’t really see the point in adding such a big kit to the stash and will buy one when the mood strikes to build one. 

After sizing up both kits kits from various reviews etc I will personally be going for the Kitty Hawk kit, I’ve built their Su-17 Fitter and Su-35 Flanker and enjoyed both builds. I think the detail looks better on KH and the nose and tail sting appear more accurate IMHO.

Muzz

My KH Su-34 build has stalled for now (lots of things to do IRL and server-wise), but once I've finished my palette-cleansing Triebflugel build, I'm going back to it.  KH kits aren't the kind of kits you can build with your eyes closed, but as long as you don't mind putting the effort in to test-fit, adjust some parts, and you watch out for mistakes in the instructions, I can recommend their Fullback, although no kit is ever perfect.  If you have a click on the link in my signature, you can see where I'd got up to when I had to put it down. :)

• Like 1