1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Kitty Hawk - in design

Homebee

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I'll wait to see how much resin is required to fix it when it comes out.

Don't be so negative, it could be a gem of a kit.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'll wait to see how much resin is required to fix it when it comes out.

And so it begins! The ritual rubbishing of a kit before we even see it. Truth is, absolutely no resin at all will be "required". You can opt to build straight out of box.  Expensive aftermarket resin frippery is only "required" if you personally choose it..

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

Now that's interesting, I've been waiting for a 1/48 T-50 non-resin kit ever since HpH released theirs.

There also seems to be the Su-25 there on the fourth photo, which is even more interesting for me.

Edit: From the new KH catalog topic:

- ref. KH80163 – Sukhoi Su-27SM "Flanker-B" link

- ref. KH8016? – Sukhoi Su-27UB "Flanker-C" link

- ref. KH801?? – Sukhoi Su-25 "Frogfoot-A" link

- ref. KH801?? – Sukhoi Su-57 "Frazor" link

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

Fortunately, no good reference or unclassified "experts"for this one, so every "look like" kit (aka MIG-25 🤢) or kit with wrong shaped but very visible&hard to correct parts (F-101, Su-22) will be OK.

Looks like aftermarket manufacturers will be happy with this one like with every KH kit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/05/2019 at 09:02, Dudikoff said:

Edit: From the new KH catalog topic:

- ref. KH80163 – Sukhoi Su-27SM "Flanker-B" link

- ref. KH8016? – Sukhoi Su-27UB "Flanker-C" link

- ref. KH801?? – Sukhoi Su-25 "Frogfoot-A" link

- ref. KH801?? – Sukhoi Su-57 "Frazor" link

Link: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047344-kitty-hawk-panda-hobby-catalog-2019-programme/

😜

Su-57.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Haha 2

On 08/05/2019 at 06:51, Julien said:

Yes dont judge untill you see it.

Julien

Nah, it's not judgement, hence "wait to see". It's about expectation and there is nothing wrong with it, people should be allowed to learn what to expect.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 6:05 PM, Sturmovik said:

Don't be so negative, it could be a gem of a kit.

Since it's NOT a reconnaissance aircraft, it doesn't matter if it's flawless. I won't be getting one, so I can save my money for aftermarket stuff to fix my other Kitty Hawk kits. :devil:

Larry

• Like 1

Just an FYI: serial production of the Su-57 has just started with deliveries expected by the end of the year.  There is a good article at the Aviationist on some of the likely differences between the various prototypes and production model.  I have to assume at this point that Kitty Hawk is basing their kit on a prototype but the changes to a serial production version do not seem too problematic.  But it might be worth waiting until the Su-57 rolls off the assembly line to build it as I am sure Russian news sources will have many good pictures available as this is a big deal.  Also looks like the Su-57 might be sold to Turkey so this would be a great opportunity for a reboxing at a later date.  All in all I am excited to get my hands on this kit!

https://theaviationist.com/2019/08/01/sukhoi-begins-production-of-the-su-57-meanwhile-lets-see-what-we-know-about-russias-5th-generation-stealth-jet/

• Like 1