Humber Islander

An Airfix Islander I built in the late 1970's. Came across the decals in a small toy/model shop in Horley in that decade for 50p a set. They were printed exactly same as the Airfix style of the time... even down to the display stand type name. He only had the two so I bought them both Still have the other lurking in my odd ball decal bank.

I know there is a wheel missing and that will be remedied .... because I plan to refurb this one with new markings.  Meanwhile take a look at the build while its still in this form.

qVQNUl.jpg

0mc6cs.jpg

mUDLWe.jpg

fqPaYc.jpg

nUD1WM.jpg

• Like 23

6 hours ago, Moa said:

Beautiful!

But could we have more luminous images? the model deserves a proper photo-shoot 😉

Cheers

Thanks. 

I know what you mean about the pics. (Must try harder)  I used to use a blue background and changed to the white. Maybe Ii should angle the light a bit better or figure out the complicated camera settings which i still don,t get.

As for new colour scheme I've yet to decide.   Leaning toward one of the colourful ones I 've seen at a decal site .

14 hours ago, Paul J said:

I used to use a blue background and changed to the white. Maybe Ii should angle the light a bit better or figure out the complicated camera settings which i still don,t get.

It's always worth it to try the AUTO setting.

And also post-editing on a simple image program can enhance them a bit too:

46890638165_0c960abb79_b.jpg

47806877241_27d9ec2d77_b.jpg

On 08/05/2019 at 22:46, Moa said:

It's always worth it to try the AUTO setting.

And also post-editing on a simple image program can enhance them a bit too:

Camera is always set for auto. I forget to edit or ,treat' my pics before posting. Maybe I will review them more closely in future.

• Like 1