This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

The Sheene Machine

ROMSEY SCALE MODEL SHOW SUNDAY 14TH JULY 2019

Posted (edited)

For 2019, our 4th model show is moving to a new location. After outgrowing Ampfield Hall, we are moving the event to Crosfield Hall in Romsey. The new venue is just 5 minutes from Junction 3, off the M27 and boasts greater space and light, air conditioning and free parking around the hall, and in nearby public car parks.  

Plans are now entering their final stages and we can announce the following 19 exhibitors and 1 manufacturer are attending;

Airfix

Romsey Modellers – IPMS Romsey
IPMS Salisbury
South Hants Military Modelling Society – IPMS Southampton
Poole Vikings – IPMS Dorset
IPMS Farnborough
Castle Road Modellers
Stonehenge Modellers
Tank Museum
Tangmere Sector Modellers
IPMS Newbury
Bognor Regis Military Modelling & Wargaming Society
Igors Crazy Constucts
RBL Ferndown Model Society
Barry Sharman
West Middlesex Scale Model Club
West Berks Scale Model Club
Isca Model Club (represented by Pat Camp)
Scale Racing Lines
Southdowns Model Group
Aldingbourne Modellers

We can also announce the following 10 traders;

Matador Models
MMP Books
Aerobilia
Salisbury Model Centre
Colin Lee
Squires
Paul Francis
Frome Model Centre
ArmourTek
Pol Models
There will also be a table selling models exclusively in aid of Simon Says, one of our chosen charities.  

Models For Heroes will be running a Donate and Create session.

We have ramped up the raffle for 2019 too and can announce the following organisations that have already provided kits, books and accessories;

Wingnut Wings

Revell

Kellerkind

Copper State Models

Aviattic

Pheon Models

Large Scale Planes

KB Models (Havant) 

MMP books

Matador Models

...with plenty more to add..

spacer.png

spacer.png

We will be holding an 'on table' best in show competition, decided, as in previous years, by the visiting clubs. There will be a best club display award too, voted for by the Romsey Modellers. 

The catering will be to the highest standards as set at our previous shows, provided by the Romsey Clubs 'Three Amigos'. So, expect only the finest in bacon roll cuisine!!

Updates on the show, including a provisional floor plan can be found at our website....Romsey Scale Model Show 2019 

You can also look for news on our Facebook group page....Romsey Modellers

THE SHOW OPENS AT 10:00AM - CLOSING AT 16:00PM. 

We look forward to seeing you all soon for what promises to be a fantastic event.

spacer.png

Edited by The Sheene Machine

That's good news, I'll be in Romsey for the Beggars Fair that weekend, it will be a short walk to Crossfield Hall!

What time does the show run from/to?

From an e-mail that I got from the Farnborough gang it is from 10.00 to 16.00.

Posted (edited)

The show opens at 10:00am, closing at 16:00pm. Free parking throughout the day, hot food available until around 15:00. We have some epic prizes in the Tombola including 3 Wingnut kits and the new Airfix Hellcat amongst many others. 

We look forward to seeing you there. 

Edited by The Sheene Machine

Good idea having a floor plan.

Sadly, I won';t be with the Farnborough contingent as I'm off to Flying Legends at Duxford. 

Just a bump to remind everyone of our show at Crosfield Hall, Romsey SO51 8GL on Sunday 14th July.  Open 10am to 4pm £3 admission.

Say hi, I'll  be running the Tombola - see prizes above

Cheers

Will

Romsey show tomorrow (Sunday) at Crosfield Hall, Romsey SO51 8GL

Open 10am to 4pm £3 admission.

Hall now ready for the show.  Hope to see lots of you from 10AM...

Today's the day!

Hope to see plenty of you at our show.

Crosfield Hall,

Romsey SO51 8GL

10am to 4pm 

£3 admission, free for accompanied under-16s.

A fine show, very busy when I got there at 11. The Squires trading stand had me transfixed for quite a while - mainly while I pondered how much @CedB would have spent there.

48281148902_4325034994_b.jpg

Not long back from the show, I must say this venue is far better than the previous place - good choice people!

I got there later than I'd planned, saw some excellent models including @Kallisti huge, 1/24th scale Angel Interceptor, would liked to have had a chat but he was deep in conversation.  There were some superb models from all genres, congratulations to their builders.

Caught up with my old mate @Jabba he's either become more quietly spoken in his old age or I'm getting deafer in mine or a combination of both.  It was useful to get his experience of the Meng F-106, he had a lovely model in the City of Jacksonville colour scheme, I'd forgotten that he does do other stuff besides his Gulf War obsession!

I too was overawed by the Squires stand, it was a pity I'd forgotten my glasses 'cos I'm sure I would have bought something if I could actually see things!

In the end I came away with a couple of books, one, a new publication by MMP of the MiG17F/Lim-5 and the old D&S book on the later P/F-51 variants which will be useful when I get around to doing my RS Kits 1/72nd F-51H.

Had a good long chat with one of the Airfix designers about the forthcoming Buccaneer which looked superb and about how they approach kit design, although this chap was new to the company he was obviously very well drilled in not giving what he was working on away!  I tried my best guys!  Also got into a discussion with an FAA enthusiast about the proposed FAA version first, he's an FAA enthusiast and I'm ex RAF, we were never going to agree anything beyond what a superlative aircraft the Bucc was!

All in all, a good little show, well done and thanks to all of those involved.

Really glad you enjoyed the show Wez, for our first event at this new venue, we believe it went very well. We knew having Sqiures trading would help footfall - and the Airfix team unveiling the new 1/72 Buccaneer at our event is something we’re very proud of. 

See you next year. 

Yup enjoyed the show at the new venue, well done on growing the show , its become a favourite of Farnborough as you could tell from all the red shirts :)

The Squires stand meant my credit card got a bashing :(

I am another member of the Red Shirted Gang, and really enjoyed the show. But for me it was the first time that I had attended the show, found the venue very easy to get to, the people running it very friendly and very happy to help with any enquiry. All in all a good day out and well done to all those involved.

Congratulations on a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. There seemed to be quite a few enthusiastic visitors who were interested enough to interact with which is part of why I go to the shows; there's nothing worse than having a procession of people wandering past the table, head down and barely looking at anything. I thought that your mix of traders was pretty good - something for everyone. The tombola prizes were something to behold and I even won a couple; unfortunately none of the Wingnut Wings kits or the Airfix Hellcat but never mind, there's always next year! Oh and the free cuppa first thing in the morning was much appreciated, thank you.

Mick

@malpaso & Romsey IPMS: Great show Will and good to chat, I was on a limited slot as I had to do a ferry job to pick up a King Air from Farnborough hence rushing off after an hour. Lovely balance of  traders and clubs and as usual @Kallisti/Andrew Prentice did not disappoint with his studio scale Angel Interceptor, expect see that on the tables at Telford with suitable prizes attached.

Had a movie moment while grabbing a coffee: Two older chaps having a chat about modelling and one mentions:

" Have you seen that pr*tt on Britmodeller? Y'know the one that makes those kiddie models all glossed up on silly perspex stands?"

Mate replies,

" Yeah total ______( word that rhymes with anchor), if he came to something like this he'd learn something

Put a grin on my face that lasted til Monday night... 🤣

Cheers

Anil