Tiger PAH-2

Lifeline

Hi,

I'll join with this kit;

21az8yh.jpg

It's Typical 90's Italeri kit, raised, and simple details, based on prototype of the Tiger. 

But, a good friend of mine gave me this kit, and what way to honor him better than to build it, right?

The build is straight forward, and coming rather quickly. After the cockpit and few sub assemblies I thought.yhis going to be a quick build

2iufjp0.jpg

But a dry fitting session afterwards proof the otherwise

2epsfww.jpg

This gonna be fun..

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 2

welcome along and with a chopper to, nice to see.

The moulding looks very similar to the 1/48th version. I've have their HAP Tigre, plus resin conversion kit to turn it into an Oz ARH-1.

Oooo the fit doesn't look the best, you may have a wee bit of extra work with this one!

Good luck with the build, hopefully you can sort out the fit issues, as it would be great to see her in the gallery.

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome along and with a chopper to, nice to see.

The moulding looks very similar to the 1/48th version. I've have their HAP Tigre, plus resin conversion kit to turn it into an Oz ARH-1.

Oooo the fit doesn't look the best, you may have a wee bit of extra work with this one!

Good luck with the build, hopefully you can sort out the fit issues, as it would be great to see her in the gallery.

Yes, it really look like the 1/48 version is it...

the fitting sure tricky, and need a little bit of tweaking and actually quite easy to do.

sure need quite a lot of putty, but the results are good.

263hm46.jpg

for tight spot like the ones under the engine/exhaust I brushed tamiya putty thinned with acetone, and wipe off the excess with q-tip damped with acetone. 

the results are good.

I also tried out Vallejo Putty, which can be wiped with water. this too giving good effects.

28usn0w.jpg

After a few rounds of employing elbow grease, all the gaps are gone along with some details. So, I add some panel lines and rivets, mask the canopy, followed by Mr.Hobby black primer.

The holes on the anti tank missile launcher are off set and have different diameter. 

I have no idea what type of AT Missile Italeri tried to replicate, and frankly I fear they're just imagining thing...

53pifa.jpg

So I widened and centered the "holes". I know it's questionable representation, but at least they looked symmetric.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

The build continue with laying down the helicopter camouflage, painting the small parts like rotor blades and weapons

15663rs.jpg

I decided to follow revell's instruction sheet, since it's more accurate than Italeri's.

f1ywxy.jpg

4v2xqg.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

Edited by Lifeline
  • Like 3

Thanks guys...

I'm nearing the finish line, 

The whole build gloss coated, and followed by enamel wash using Tamiya Panel Liner.

30mub07.jpg

The effect is quite subtle due the details are raised panel lines and few rivets, but that's actually what I after since the reference pictures shows a quite clean aircraft.

15wm8lg.jpg

Next would be semi-matte coat....

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 3

well done Mario, she looks fantastic, great to see a completed chopper in the build.

Glad you were able to join us for this GB, I do hope you enjoyed your build. There's plenty of time for a second build??? :winkgrin:

• Thanks 1

Thank you..

This GB really helps me boost my building rate.

I think I just finished a S-3B Viking for MPA GB last month (?), and now this.

Actually I still have a P-61 Black Widow with kitsworld decal and SH-60 on my stash...🙄

Cheers,

Mario