Eastern Express Boeing 747SP

26Decals

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 09:31, Michael Morris said:

Add the VAT, import duty and post office handling charge and by my reckoning it will be >£120 in the UK

That's not far off double what I was expecting it to be.

Much as I really want a 747SP to convert into a model of SOFIA, at that price I may have to reconsider getting the Welsh Models kit offering or just abandoning the project ☹️

Hannants have now released price and my worse fears have been realised - £133.  Too rich for me. 

Ray - If you can really do them for the price you mentioned earlier - I'll take two!

• Sad 2

On 12/30/2020 at 6:35 AM, Michael Morris said:

Hannants have now released price and my worse fears have been realised - £133.  Too rich for me. 

Ray - If you can really do them for the price you mentioned earlier - I'll take two!

The export price is £100 (so $135ish). I thought the Roden C-5 Galaxy was overpriced but this another level again. The Welsh Models kit, which is vac-form but has resin engines and wheels is going for £50ish. Clearly, that’s the way to go.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, I was going to plump for the pre-revolutionary Iranian scheme, but that Yemini example is wonderfully niche. Decisions decisions!

Two questions for anyone in the know.

1) What are the dimensions of the kit (need to check it will fit my slimline cabinets)

2) Does anyone make photoetch airliner doors? I fancy making a vignette with passengers boarding and want to simulate an open door (although I might just paint the actual door black to avoid having to cut open the fuselage).

On 22/01/2021 at 10:04, Tim R-T-C said:

Oooh, I was going to plump for the pre-revolutionary Iranian scheme, but that Yemini example is wonderfully niche. Decisions decisions!

Two questions for anyone in the know.

1) What are the dimensions of the kit (need to check it will fit my slimline cabinets)

2) Does anyone make photoetch airliner doors? I fancy making a vignette with passengers boarding and want to simulate an open door (although I might just paint the actual door black to avoid having to cut open the fuselage).

Scratch building an interior sounds fun.  😀

• 2 weeks later...

Never built an airliner, but so impressed by your build Alex, I’ve ordered Pan Am Bill Board from Ray. Will do the one I flew on (N536PA) from SFO-HKG back in the dark and distant past. Hopefully an SAA machine will be along, they looked fantastic

SD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Limited boxings

- ref. EE144153-7 - Boeing 747SP RR Qantas old - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EE144153-7

- ref. EE144153-8 - Boeing 747SP RR Australia Asia - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EE144153-8

- ref. EE144153-9 - 747SP RR Saudi Arabian - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EE144153-9

V.P.

• Thanks 1